KEVIN
.................
{from the man himself}

{take a close look and...hmmm...what do you see?}
When I was growing up somewhere between the ages of 3-7 I watched the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. It was my favorite Saturday morning cartoon and I would wake up every morning at 6am to watch it. There was something that the orange turtle, Michelangelo, would say all the time that I tried to impersonate.
He'd stick his thumbs up and say: "Cowabunga Dude!" So at the age of five I was leaping off furniture with my thumbs up saying cowabunga dude.
One afternoon my older brother and his friends who were seniors in high school came to my house and saw me doing my "cowabunga dudes". Dustin's friends, Zack and Jared, told me not to put my thumbs up anymore but to put my middle finger up. I was five years old at the time and had no idea what it meant. So my new thing was to jump off furniture with my birdie fingers up saying: "Cowabunga Dude!"
My brother was on the Sugar Salem high school basketball team at the time and one day they were having an assembly. The cheerleaders had all the basketball players' little brothers come out in their basketball uniforms, representing them in "mini version". So I came out and sat on my brother's lap.
The entire school was present at the time and from the middle of the crowd someone {one of Dustin's friends..} yelled out:
"Cowabunga Dude!"
So me being the little innocent five-year-old that I was, lifted my birdie finger to the Sugar Salem student body and said back:
"Cowabunga Dude!"
Everybody laughed like crazy except my dad {a faculty member} who was sitting in the corner embarrassed out of his mind.
AUDREY
....................
Coming from two musical families,
and being able to play the piano,
I guess singing just came naturally.
Not that I've ever been in LOVE with it,
but I have enjoyed being in choir and performing with a group.
This was my eighth grade year,
when I first started choir "officially".

{can i just say that i am so glad we all grow up and don't look like we did when we were 12?}

Mrs. Hennings was the coolest teacher around.
This was my favorite class that year by far!
I continued to take choir every year up until I graduated high school.
Right before my senior year there were auditions to be in the Jazz/elite/something {i can't remember the name now..} choir.
I auditioned and Mr. Brown {the choir teacher} told me I'd made it and would do great!
And then I chickened out and told him no because I was too shy and was scared I would make a fool of myself if I ever sang a solo.
That's one thing I regret from high school; I wish I hadn't been such a pansy.
.................
{from the man himself}
{take a close look and...hmmm...what do you see?}
When I was growing up somewhere between the ages of 3-7 I watched the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. It was my favorite Saturday morning cartoon and I would wake up every morning at 6am to watch it. There was something that the orange turtle, Michelangelo, would say all the time that I tried to impersonate.
He'd stick his thumbs up and say: "Cowabunga Dude!" So at the age of five I was leaping off furniture with my thumbs up saying cowabunga dude.
One afternoon my older brother and his friends who were seniors in high school came to my house and saw me doing my "cowabunga dudes". Dustin's friends, Zack and Jared, told me not to put my thumbs up anymore but to put my middle finger up. I was five years old at the time and had no idea what it meant. So my new thing was to jump off furniture with my birdie fingers up saying: "Cowabunga Dude!"
My brother was on the Sugar Salem high school basketball team at the time and one day they were having an assembly. The cheerleaders had all the basketball players' little brothers come out in their basketball uniforms, representing them in "mini version". So I came out and sat on my brother's lap.
The entire school was present at the time and from the middle of the crowd someone {one of Dustin's friends..} yelled out:
"Cowabunga Dude!"
So me being the little innocent five-year-old that I was, lifted my birdie finger to the Sugar Salem student body and said back:
"Cowabunga Dude!"
Everybody laughed like crazy except my dad {a faculty member} who was sitting in the corner embarrassed out of his mind.
AUDREY
....................
Coming from two musical families,
and being able to play the piano,
I guess singing just came naturally.
Not that I've ever been in LOVE with it,
but I have enjoyed being in choir and performing with a group.
This was my eighth grade year,
when I first started choir "officially".
{can i just say that i am so glad we all grow up and don't look like we did when we were 12?}
Mrs. Hennings was the coolest teacher around.
This was my favorite class that year by far!
I continued to take choir every year up until I graduated high school.
Right before my senior year there were auditions to be in the Jazz/elite/something {i can't remember the name now..} choir.
I auditioned and Mr. Brown {the choir teacher} told me I'd made it and would do great!
And then I chickened out and told him no because I was too shy and was scared I would make a fool of myself if I ever sang a solo.
That's one thing I regret from high school; I wish I hadn't been such a pansy.
haha! I busted out laughing when I read the story about Kevin! Oh, and Audrey you were a cute 12 year old. I'm NEVER putting my 12 year old picture up...I look horrible!!
ReplyDeleteHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! KEVIN!!!! Oh my gosh.... That is SO funny! Tell Kevin that his son is going to do that same thing someday and Kevin will be like his dad sitting in the corner so embarrased.
ReplyDeleteAlso, I loved that choir class too!! How fun!! I love all these old pictures!! You were a cute 12 year old!
oh kevin, you're such a bad-a! i was in choir too! my fave was show choir because we got to wear these amazing blue sparkly dresses and red lipstick...i do not look good in red lipstick.
ReplyDeleteBud, that was pretty sweet, but the assembly was when Hol was running for....like treasurer or something. If i remember right, you were wearing a tux at the sweet age of five when you flipped off the entire studentbody at SS high school. Mabes Toj -N-Dax will do something like that for your kids someday! :)
ReplyDeleteFalse. I asked 5 other family members. :) This really IS the correct story this time!
ReplyDelete