Enter your keyword

A 9 Month Dream

August 18, 2017

I need to write this down before I forget. We left for Utah Sunday afternoon and got to my parents around 9ish. We drove down because my brother Alden, and his wife Katie, and their new baby Cyrus(4 months!) were flying into town! And my mom had planned family pictures, so the whole Simmons crew was getting together. Alden and Katie arrived Monday evening, and it was SO fun to see and hold my FIRST nephew (i mean, haha, on that side of the family! we all know the Fullers have like 30 grandkids)! So special moment for me. He's such an alert, chunky cheeked bebe and so happy.

Well I fell asleep that night like normal and had a couple random crazy dreams, and then in the middle of them all, I dreamt that I was taking Tinley to the bathroom. We were out at some local place that was open-i don't know/remember where, but then all of a sudden someone important came up to me telling me to hurry up because I needed to see Phoenix. Tinley was all of a sudden taken care of by someone (no clue who), and I ran past tons and tons of people. They seemed to be there for Phoenix's funeral-or that's at least what it reminded me of. But they were all seated on a train. I ran as hard as I could to the front where I saw our families gathered/sitting around her little white box, except her box looked more comfy and it was shaped almost like a carseat or something. And there as I walked up, was my sweet little Phoenix. She was bigger slightly-I think about 9 months like she would be now-and I reached down to pick her up and as I did so, she reached right towards me with the biggest smile. I was definitely in heaven. I held her tight and didn't really know what to think except that I was so happy to be holding my baby girl again. Kevin was close by me, and he leaned over and asked a question-i don't remember what-but little Phoenix just shook her head at us and i laughed. And then I said something like: "Well, we can't just put her back in the ground...I guess we get to take her home now!" And immediately Phoenix started beaming and nodding her head "yes". It was amazing, fleeting, and ended way too quickly/faded into another dream I don't remember. But the thing that I want to never forget was her big happy eyes looking directly into mine and her arms reaching out to me.

2 comments

  1. This made me tear up. My heart just aches for you and as sweet as those dreams are, it's so hard afterward. I think about you often - I'm off of social media but I always hope you are well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a tender mercy for you, sweet friend! I'm sure your little girl is staying as close to you as she can, even from heaven. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete