I feel like each week keeps getting better and better for the kids with friends, and I am just holding my breath and feel I can see the blessings just coming. Ugh now I'm gonna cry. Okok let's jump into how this past week went!
- Sunday:Ryder crying to the movie Benji. He put it on in my bedroom, and was the only one around. He snuggled up in the big blanket Grandma Fuller made, and the next thing I hear are his little sniffs. I look and see tears just streaming down his face! And this is within the first 5 minutes of starting the movie. It was so tender. He cried off and on through the whole thing. It's so special being able to see your wild child feel so deeply and switch to being so sensitive, when he's usually so insane or not giving a rats about anything.
- Neighborhood gathering/treat night, kids playing football and jumping on tramps. This was fun to get out and be more social with our new ward. It also helps that the kids are familiar with people because of school. I love getting to know people and hear backstories!
- Monday was Labor Day, so that morning Alair and her kids came over so we could run together. We started, got about .12 miles in and had to stop because Ryder was tired from pushing the scooter (hard eye roll here. he keeps fighting us on learning to ride a bike, so he was left with the scooter). He decided to run, so as we were stopped on the side of the trail, another mom pushing her stroller and following her daughter who was biking, comes by and goes: "Audrey?!" hahaha didn't see that one coming. Turns out it was one of my very first roommates, Monica, from freshman year @ BYUI! That was so fun to catch up quickly with her! Alair and I were able to go 4 miles with the kids, and Ryder ran, rode his scooter, and rode on the electric scooter with Bronx. Oh my. We Playing at Wardle Fields Park + splash pad after lunch. Lots of sunshine and cousin time!
- Tuesday morning bike ride 1.25 hours. Caught in the rain last mile. So pretty. Could’ve rode forever.
- Tuesday Bronx being invited to play football with the “sports” kids. Had a good day!! He also wants to join student council 🥰 which I’m so proud of him for!
- Wednesday: Bronx shooting 22s for YMs
- Thursday: 3:30am thoughts: Self pity moment in the middle of the night! my brain would NOT shut off. I may have been spiraling. I just wanted someone to tell me I’m doing a good job and to keep going. Prayer is powerful.
- Thursday: Hard morning with kids. B&T fighting (soooo rough ugh!), Ryder crying. Silver lining: scout slept through the night!!🎉 it’s hard being “on” all the time.
- Friday: night games! Bronx friends over for pizza and then a pit stop during their game for cookies and waters. Movie night and baking cookies with Ryder after I lay Scout down🫶🏽
- Saturday: late nights with friends. Bronx had the boys over again for pizza and games, then Tinley’s girlfriends came over and they watched The Sandlot
| Charlotte, Molly, Kate, Tinley |
| Scout, Ryder, Luke, Grant, Wade, Bronx, Trent, Beckham, Zoe Such a great group of kids-i seriously love when they come over to hang out. |
Post a Comment