Another year has come and in all honesty I totally wrote "Tinley Turns Four" as the post title at first, until I realized my mistake. She turned FIVE! gah. We've had her here with us for five whole years. Wow. I remember how dang excited I was when I found out my second baby was going to be a girl! I remember I couldn't stop smiling that day. I also remember how scared I was when they couldn't clear her throat when she was born, and how she was placed in the NICU for a few days (read here). A few days. hahaha and I thought that was long (insert crying laughing emoji here).
Tinley is a spitfire, sassy pants, sweet pea, lovey dovey, cuddly, massive diva, littlest-pet-shop-loving, singing, dancing gem in our home. She can play for hours on end in her room with her Chelsea dolls and Littlest Pet Shop animal toys. She can talk our ears off at home, but is definitely more guarded and shy when out with not so familiar faces. I love the daddy-daughter relationship I see between her and Kevin. It's honestly kind of hilarious. Kevin loves to tease, and she can dish it right back (didn't get that from me! hahaha). She still says her "I"s as "my" (ie: "My love your hair mom!"), and I know I need to push her more to correct that, but it's so dang cute and just a part of her quirky personality that we love and laugh about!
She is definitely a mother hen and will smother Ryder with loves and kisses and pokes to the cheek any chance she gets. I'm constantly telling her to give him space. haha but we all love how hard she loves and how fierce she is. She's always up for a girls day, to play a game, or get her nails done.
At the beginning of the year last year (when she was 3 turning 4), she would be so so shy and way scared to go into Primary (for her Sunbeam class). Gradually she's become more confident - I think that's a huge thanks to putting her in dance, preschool, and swimming lessons - and now walks into that Primary room all by her big self. It makes us dang proud of her! We love her with all our hearts and are so so happy she is a part of our family!











Post a Comment