Enter your keyword

The Pregnancy Test (6th pregnancy, 8th baby)

December 23, 2022

 December 23, 2022



I took a pregnancy test tonight. Upstairs in our little bathroom. I had to be sneaky about it because my parents just got into town today to celebrate Christmas with us! Kevin knows. We went to Broulims after dinner, and grabbed 2 pregnancy tests. I was giddy and we both knew deep down I was pregnant, but wanted to confirm it. We knew because I start my period like clockwork every 21 days. Yeah super short window. So I was supposed to start on Monday, but didn’t. A lot of tell tell signs didn’t happen and after 5 days of it not starting we knew. 

It’s totally exciting, but it’s definitely hard to be 💯 overjoyed because of what we’ve been through. Haha it’s like we say YAY!!!! In our hearts but then immediately pull back and check ourselves, and I remember my last miscarriages(twins in March of 2021, 9 weeks). Then I try to push down any enthusiasm. I can’t let my hopes get too high. It’s a little lame and frustrating because I’d like to shout it from the rooftops! And I’m dying to go buy a baby outfit to wrap up and put under the tree for Christmas morning. Kevin says no it’s too early for that, but I still want to! We’ll see what happens. 

One thing for sure with this pregnancy: I want to be proactive. I want to schedule a Dr visit asap and get on progesterone. I’ve heard good things about it, and heard so many stories of women miscarrying and then finally trying/being put on progesterone the second they find out they are pregnant, and it helping them carry the baby full term. I guess we’ll find out about that too.

Post a Comment