Enter your keyword

The Power of a Good Neighbor and Friend

February 9, 2025

 I realize it's kind of odd to be starting out a post with a picture of some kitchen soap. But this yummy smelling Christmas exclusive scent happens to spark thoughts of gratitude daily for me. It was a gift from a neighbor across the street you see, and every time I go to wash the dishes or let a pan soak, I see it (and use it). And I've just been thinking about how grateful I am for this neighbor. She doesn't even know it. It's not like we talk every day or hang out all the time, but when I do see her or run into her, I feel like she's an old friend and she makes me feel like I could talk to her about anything. 



THAT got me thinking about all the new friends I've been blessed to make since moving back to Utah. One in particular that just scooped my kids and me up and threw pool parties and game nights and invited us over. Which led to meeting more new friends from the neighborhood. All within the first 6 weeks! All because this one person was kind and saw that I was alone with my kids, and wanted to invite me to something, and help us feel welcome. It has made all the difference in living here (and anywhere really). 

Having people just dive in and embrace me and my family wholeheartedly...I don't think they realize how special and how big of an impact it has made on us. I feel so blessed and hope my kids can look back as they get older, and see these blessings too.


Today was Sunday, and since church didn't start until noon, I was able to make some yummy fresh sourdough bread. And yes, just this week I decided to jump back onto the sourdough "band wagon". haha. I'm actually very excited because somehow I feel extremely domestic and accomplished when I bake bread. It's so weird. 

Homemade bread with some homemade strawberry jam? Yes please.


Happy Sunday! 
Going to try and commit to doing Come Follow Me on Monday nights with the gang...we'll see how consistent we can be. (because so far I have failed miserably at teaching my kids any CFM lesson this year...which is hard to admit)

Post a Comment