Enter your keyword

January and February Breakdown: Big Changes, Sickness, and Trying to Keep Life Fun!

February 28, 2025

 Whew! I seem to snap my fingers and life just flies by lately. Make it slow down! Lots has happened over here at the Fuller household. Some wild, some boring, but always trying to keep it real and fun. Let's start with January...


1/1 - Started the year off with a bang by EVERYONE getting sick. Pretty sure with the Norovirus. Puking, diarrhea. Nonstop. Poor Tinley got the worst of it and I swear she lost like 20 lbs. She looked like a skeleton after 24 hours of going from sitting on the toilet to sitting in the shower. It was so sad. We had been up to Rexburg for that last week-the one where no one knows what day it is, and we all just eat random junk. It started with Scout running around downstairs with the cousins, then randomly throwing up...then throwing up again. Sick babies are also the saddest because they can't really communicate what they feel like. I just held her and held a bowl close because she was puking every 10 minutes until she finally fell asleep. Then I got it and threw up once. I somehow lucked out because that was all for me (honestly i think Heavenly Father knew I would need to be way more coherent because my entire family was about to be hit-including Kevin. Ryder came in next, and then Tinley, followed by Bronx, and then Kevin. All within like 5 hours of each other. At one point there was all 6 of us in the bathroom trying to either puke into the toilet, someone sitting on the toilet, someone in the shower, and the others needing to clean their bowl out. Hahaha so rough! 


Makes us all appreciate GOOD HEALTH! Not much happened this week unfortunately like we had planned, all of the other cousins and family that was also in town left in a hurry. I don't blame them! We did manage to take the kids for a sled ride right before we took off back home.


1/7 - Let it be known that I have officially started teaching all my kids piano. Oh man. And it's not for the faint of heart. If I could send them off to someone else I would, but right now it's gotta be me. Tinley has been playing for a year and I'm so proud of her! But Bronx was a hard sell, and Ryder....he's hit and miss. They all complain like CRAZY, and I fight them a ton on it, but it's something I will not let them quit. The way they all take to it too, makes me think that deep down, they really do enjoy it. I hope I don't eat my words on that one. Super grateful that Kevin backs me up on this one too!  



1/11 - Basketball season started for Bronx and Tinley! It has been a major highlight of our weekends to go and watch them play. They've both improved so much this past year. It's always exciting seeing your kid doing something they enjoy and love. The season actually just ended (3/1) and I'm sad to see it go!



1/19 - Kevin helped the kids make a sweet blanket fort in the front room, where they got to sleep too!



1/23 - My parent's came down and we got to celebrate with my mom on her birthday!



1/24 - I (Audrey) developed an allergy to gel polish (insert crying emoji here). Turns out you can in fact develop an allergy to gel polish just like you can develop an autoimmune disease. Ugh. It's the worst! I painted my nails like I always have (for YEARS), and within 12 hours my fingers were on FIRE. They were itching soooo bad. I didn't understand it or expect it at all, so it took me a while (and a lot of googling symptoms) to realize that it was probably my gel polish that was causing it. I immediately took it off, but not before some yucky gross skin and blisters were forming on my nail tips. I need to go into more detail on this subject. But basically, I made Tinley take hers off too. Her nails were horrible as well, and I feel so bad for not catching it on her sooner (she does her nails and her friend's nails all the time in her room, so I'm typically not the one doing them for her anymore). We are looking at HEMA-free nail polish everything now. Found some brands that have worked, and again, I need to do a separate post on this topic!


1/25 - Fun with cousins out at Thanksgiving Point, the Butterfly Biosphere and The Museum of Curiosity. Ran into my friend Jessica Paredes from Idaho here, and am sad I forgot to snap a pic together with her!


.........................................................

Aaaaand that was January. haha! On to February...

.........................................................

2/4 - Kevin officially withdrew from medical school. Might come as a shock to some. Maybe you could see it coming as well. We had been feeling okay about everything up until the last month (December). Again, this is such a huge topic that needs it's own post. And I'll write it and explain everything. I know it will be interesting and maybe insightful for our kids down the road as they look back on what Kevin and I were doing/going through. But just know: while it may seem a little abrupt (Kevin would be graduating in July), this major life decision wasn't hasty or something we chose because it "was the easy way out". We are kind of mourning the loss of a giant chapter of our lives, but we also are feeling immensely happy and at peace with our decision. It definitely didn't come without a lot of thought and prayer and weighing of all the options/talking about our future...stay tuned. And thanks to those who have been so supportive along the way.


2/5 - My Grandma Ann Huber passed away. Heartbroken over this news but also so happy her mind is free. She struggled with severe Alzheimer's which was the saddest.


2/12 - Kevin got hit with the sickness! Scout had it first, then Ryder (who it literally knocked OUT-he was home sick for a week from school and slept more than 50% of the time! poor kid), and now dad. 



2/13 - We got a big snowstorm over the weekend. Bronx and his friends begged Kevin to pull them around in sleds, and even though he was sick as a dog, Kevin wanted to be the fun dad and got out to make the memories happen for these neighborhood kids! He drove them around in his truck with sleds tied to the back.




2/14 - Valentine's Day! This is actually the first year that Bronx didn't want to decorate a box for school, and it kind of made me super sad. Just because I can see him growing up. And I know his mind was on his crush, Sabrina Clyde. haha. Tinley however, made a cute camera valentine's box which was adorable. And Ryder was still too sick to go to school, so he stayed home in bed. Bronx's crush gave him a RootBeer soda and a giant Twix bar(his favorite), and she wrote THE sweetest note ever. I'll see if I can get his permission and attach a picture here. 



look how "over" me taking pictures he is. gah!




2/16 - I was called to be the Young Women's secretary! Was not expecting that, but was SO EXCITED to say YES! I'm pumped to be back in with the youth and help them see how incredible they are! Something funny though: as soon as it was announced in Sacrament, Bronx leans over to me and whispered: "So like, what does this mean mom? Are you coming to mutual on Wednesdays now too?" hahahah yeah dude. I'll try not to embarrass you! *wink*



(one of my first prints i created for this group of girls)

Post a Comment