Whew! Two weeks in a row?! I'm on a roll. This week brought some exciting things our way:
1. Tinley got asked to give her first talk in Sacrament
2. I had a tonsillectomy
3. We got snow (finally)!
So it was a little ironic that, after bearing my testimony during fast and testimony last week on the importance of good friends, we got a text the next day asking if Tinley would give a 3 minute talk on the same topic :) I was actually super excited for her! And she had a really good attitude about the whole thing. Even if Bronx hasn't even spoken yet in Sacrament haha! She rocked it. Wrote the entire thing herself (I helped with a scripture reference, and Kevin helped her with her testimony/closing it). Very proud to see her do that! She even lost her place part way through but laughed it off and kept going-she was so cute!
The tonsillectomy. Oh how I have been dreading this. And for good reason! I knew it was going to be rough. Every single person who has had them taken out as an adult said that it was miserable. And it has been!! I'd even go so far as to say that my 2 c-sections and breast aug were a much easier recovery than this!! But let me back up real quick.
I went in to talk about the options for a tonsillectomy back in December. Just a few weeks ago. I was tired of getting nasty tonsil stones, and tired of the bad breath (halitosis) that I had. It was something that I was constantly embarrassed by. So we scheduled it.
Kevin drove me down to the surgical center and checked in around 5:45. We were tired. I felt bad for Kevin because he was staying home with the kids the rest of the week with me, so that I could rest/recover...and if you know Kevin, you know he slept about 2 hours the night before. yiiiiikes. But anyways, I got ready and signed some papers, said hi to my dr (a friend of ours that actually lives around the corner from us), met the anesthetist and nurses, then they rolled me to the OR, i put on the oxygen mask and was OUT.
| ||
The surgery itself was super quick. Maybe 25 minutes. After the surgery our friend (the ENT dr) told Kevin that one of my tonsils was full of tonsil stones, and the other was full of pus, which was most likely infected as well. YUCK!! So that alone makes me feel better about getting the surgery done.
I slowly woke up around 9, and we drove home around 10. I did throw up from nausea on the drive home and yeah luckily we had a bag! I immediately got in bed and just have been rotating every 4 hours between tylenol and ibuprofin. taking it super easy and trying to sleep a lot. Which is actually a welcome relief. To just sit in the silence and listen to what is going on around me instead of always trying to be doing something.
Days 3 and 4 have been the worst so far. I've thrown up a total of 4 times just from how gross it feels. No blood or clots or anything luckly. I'm not looking forward to the next few days because I hear from everyone it still has to get even worse before getting better. It's pretty freaking gross alright. Just the thought of giant white scabs on the back of my throat sends me into a dry heaving frenzy. I can't stand my own breath as well, which is normal to stink so badly for the next 2 weeks after surgery i guess. Prayers I can just get through this and that it passes quickly and doesn't get too much worse!
The benefits? Seeing how blessed I am with friends who have been so thoughtful and generous to drop things by for me or text and check up on me. Even Kevin said: You really have some good good friends here. And that made me so happy. I love my Lehi friends in this neighborhood and ward so much!!
Post a Comment