Enter your keyword

30 Weeks: Pregnancy #2 {and my thoughts}

January 27, 2014


Oh pregnancy.
I feel like we had been getting along great until yesterday.
Yesterday i just felt fat and tired and done.
Here's to the final countdown!
(i had Bronx at 38 weeks, so if i have this little miss the sameish time, i only have 8 more weeks to go-so here's hoping!)

How far along: 30 weeks!
Total weight gain: 25lbs <<i was looking back and comparing my weight with Bronx, and besides a little slow down at 20, i'm the exact same. so i would say that's a good thing?
Maternity clothes: yes! for Christmas Kevin let me go on a little shopping spree and i bought some sweaters/shirts from Motherhood Maternity. they are AWESOME. i never shopped there when i was preggo with Bronx cuz i feel they're so darn expensive (but then again, i feel that all maternity clothes are freaking expensive). anyways, i've gotten away just fine with buying mediums and larges for the most part, or buying a size up or two in jeans (my thighs and bum are always the first to get big i swear!). 
Stretch marks: i think just the same ones from being preggo the first time around. but it's not like i care or study them too close anyways! haha.
Sleep: was great for a while there, then recently has gotten harder. it takes all my energy to roll from one side to the other, and i'm always hot. "a ball of fire" is what Kevin likes to refer to me as :)
Best moment of this week: asking Bronx: "What does mommy's tummy look like?" and getting this response:



he's hilarious. it's a short clip, so if you can't tell he's walking and trying to stick out his tummy while grunting! haha. we totally didn't teach him this either! he just started doing it when i'd take his shirt off. he'll come up to my big belly then walk away hold his and trying to make it big!
Miss anything: exercising consistently, and not feeling like myself. i feel i'm always tired, and have started to take a nap when Bronx takes his! ahhh! i feel like i waste so much precious time when i do this, but know i need to rest/it's good for me... 
Movement: a ton! she definitely lets me know she's here. i love it. i feel like Bronx was a lot calmer, so i worried more, but since i worked at a doctors office i was able to monitor his heart beat regularly and hear he was there. i'm glad she kicks and tumbles around a ton because it makes me worry less.
Food cravings: cereal, cereal, cereal, and strawberry lemonade icy's (they have this flavor at Target, and i am addicted)!



and yes cereal is like my favorite thing always.
Anything making you queasy or sick: um, not that i can think of...i threw up once when we were visiting Rexburg, but we think that may have been food poisoning again, because Kevin didn't feel good either. what is up with me and food poisoning lately anyways?!
Have you started to show yet: yes it definitely looks like i have a basketball under here
Gender: GIRL! i don't think i actually/officially wrote about it on here, but yes, Bronx is getting a little sissy and we are SO excited! 
Labor signs: nah, just lots of braxton hicks which are dumb and annoying. every night before bed, when i pick up toys with Bronx, i get them.
Belly button in or out: out
Wedding rings on or off: on
Happy or moody most of the time: pretty happy, but like i said, i had a bad day yesterday and just kept feeling sorry for myself and how fat i felt. i hate hate hate the feel and sight of love handles on my body. they piss me off! haha. i'm feeling lots better today though, and i always do when i actually get dressed and ready. it also helps that i don't check the scale every week.


Besides the bad days that come and go,
I feel so blessed and lucky that I get to be this little girl's mommy!
I'm getting really excited to have Bronx meet her,
and see how he'll react with her around.
I don't hate pregnancy by any means.
I seriously have it so easy,
and actually enjoy it... i'd say 90% of the time.
The closer we get to her due date (April 6th) the more I try to soak up this time she is just with me.
I also have to admit I'm scared as heck to take care of 2 kids.
Here's to hoping the last 10 weeks go by as quickly as the first 30 did!

4 comments

  1. Ha, cereal time was the best time of day for me. Which some days I got to have more than one best time of day :). You are super cute, good luck on the home stretch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow time flew by. I totally thought you weren't that far along. I am so excited for you after the first week I say of having both kids you get into a routine and its not that scary. Cereal is awesome I was that way with Ethan but not Devin. Devin was my taco bell and Chinese food kid. You will love it. I keep getting told by our families that I am the next one to get pregnant and that I need to have a girl. Duh I want a girl I am out numbered plus I would love having a girl, so I'm jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look so great Audrey! I'm so excited for you to have a little girl! It's so fun to have one of each!! So...I had to laugh that you have to miss your brother's wedding bc my youngest brother got engaged on Christmas and I can't go either, too close to my due date. Anyway , I only laughed because it really sucks and I feel your pain a little. So I laughed for us instead of crying. Blah! Anyway, good luck with hopefully only 8 more weeks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That went by so fast! April is soo close! You look great. Don't worry about taking care of two kids...I was terrified but honestly, it is not that bad. Yes, super busy and I don't get a tun of time to myself but it is so much easier than I thought it would be. I am so happy you are having a little girl!! They are SOOO FUN!

    ReplyDelete