Enter your keyword

I Can't Control Everything

January 1, 2014

So I thought I had planned this pregnancy perfectly.
I wanted to have our second baby before summer of 2014,
so that we wouldn't miss any of the big reunions like the Huber one at Wolf Creek,
or Fullerfest at Bear Lake.
I wanted to have a spring baby because it seemed appealing to not be preggo again in the heat of summer (not that it was torch or anything for me before).
I have LOVED how this pregnancy has flown by.
For some reason it just seems shorter broken by the year.
Anyways,
I was wrong.
Turns out there's never a "good" time to have a baby.
haha.
You just do it and deal with it.
(lovingly of course, babies are awesome, sorry to sound harsh there!)

Over the Christmas break both of my brothers got engaged.
BOTH people!

Alden + Katie   |   Kipley + Jaron
(they both just took their engagements today and i can't wait to see them!)

I am so excited for them,
but still trying to wrap my head around it.
When the heck did they get old enough to get married?
Didn't they just get home from missions?
I was texting my sister-in-laws about it,
and one of them asked:
"Didn't you guys get married that fast?"
Okay, touché.
So we did.
My brothers are 21 and 23...i was 19.
My brothers have known these girls for longer than Kevin and I knew each other/dated,
before getting engaged.
What the heck.
I guess they'll be fine...

The real kicker here,
is the fact that their weddings are March and May.
I am due April 6th.
Oh,
and did I mention that my little sissy Elise is going on a mission to Argentina?!
She is leaving mid March.
So yea.
A lot of fun things happening and going on,
but we probs won't get to the March stuff because it'll be too close to my due date (plus I had Bronx 2 weeks early).
I'M SO SAD!!!!!!!!
Right about now I am wishing, hoping, and praying a store opens up in Idaho so Kevin can transfer.
Is that bad?
So selfish.
I know.
I even love it here in Albuquerque,
love our ward,
love our new friends,
but we both hate missing all these fun BIG family things!


These guys are the greatest,
and I can't believe I'm going to be getting two new sister-in-laws!

2 comments

  1. So cute what a crazy time for your family! Busy busy. So you won't be able to go to barons wedding?! : ( bummer. You'll be having a baby! --- that's worth it : ) cute cute girls

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's crazy!! 2 wedding in 2 months! Also I totally have been pregnant during weddings and it's not my favorite thing but life goes on.

    ReplyDelete