Enter your keyword

Christmas in Rexburg 2014

December 31, 2014

 This year we did Christmas in Rexburg.
We headed over and arrived late Tuesday night (Christmas Eve Eve).
People there this year:
Shoemakers, Freemans, Bird, us, and parents.
Everyone else (besides McArthurs down in Texas!) came up the day after Christmas,
which was when we had to leave.
So crummy.


Kerr, Zach, Bird and we went to Craigos (i mean...Pizza Pie Cafe...) for Christmas Eve lunch.


Grandma Fuller had the grandkids help with some sugar cookies,
and i'd say half the dough was eaten by Nix and Bronx.



Coming home from looking at Christmas lights.

(copied via this pin she found on Pinterest)

After kids were put to bed,
I helped Bird with a gift for Kerr...and had fun drawing for the first time with chalk pens!
(it looks like i will have to go make myself a giant board...i didn't realize what i have been missing!!)

As we were finishing things up Christmas Eve,
we heard Bronx wake up crying and coughing like crazy.
Crazier than we've ever heard him.
He'd had this cough since Thanksgiving and nothing really had come of it-no fever or sickness or runny nose or anything.
Of course it would kick in and he'd get all of those symptoms on vacation.
It was the saddest.
He could barely breathe so Kevin and his dad gave him a blessing,
then we sat in the bathroom and ran a hot shower...basically we did everything in the book to make it better without having to take him into the emergency room.
Josh and Zach even left to go grab a nebulizer,
and Kevin's mom rubbed his feet with DoTerra oils.
It's kinda all a blur,
but I think we fell asleep with him in the theater room,
watching Monsters vs Aliens.
Then I went up to be by Tinley,
and Kevin came up even later in the middle of the night and layed on the floor by Bronx to listen to his breathing.


The last one to fall asleep and yet still the first one up...poor kid was still coughing so bad Christmas morning.













What a fun and silly dad :)


Bronx's poop fort.

It was so fun to be at Fuller's this year,
but it was a little (a LOT) stressful with Bronx being sick.
He wanted to touch everyone's toys,
and was coughing on everyone and everything.
I felt awful about it,
was following him around best I could to stop him every 5 seconds,
and we were actually going to leave Christmas day just to get home and get him away from everything (aka we didn't want to get anyone else sick!),
but somehow...we ended up there one more night.
After Bronx fell asleep we were able to use the nebulizer fully (the night before he had been too scared of it/the noise),
and I think that's what honestly made a world of difference,
because he seemed way more happy/himself the next day.

1 comment

  1. Aww I love this. Family is the best, especially during the holidays. You drew that with CHALK pens!? Oh my gosh you are so talented!!! And POOR BRONX!!! Oh my gosh. SO sad. I would freak out. I'm glad he's ok!

    ReplyDelete