Enter your keyword

The Ward Christmas Party

December 28, 2014

I was put on the ward Christmas Party Committee this year,
and MAN I learned a lot.
Like how stressful it is to be in charge of something so big,
and how to plan food for 450+ people (to say our ward is gigantic is almost an understatement).
The biggest thing I think I took away from it all though,
was the willingness and help I received from people.
BE WILLING TO SERVE.
I was put in charge of the decorations,
and we had basically no budget.
But I had tooons of donations for everything we needed:
tape, wrapping paper, boxes, ribbon....
I was able to go do an activity with the YW in our ward,
and put them to work wrapping and decorating "christmas presents" for the stage and table centerpieces.
I had a blast hanging out with our youth that night,
and we were able to wrap more than enough!

The morning of our party,
we walked in and saw these on the wall from the ward's party the previous night:



It made me SO happy, surprised, and relieved.
I had really gotten down on myself that I couldn't do more/have the funds to make it gorgeous and over-the-top,
like some previous ward parties I had attended (comparison=bad! i know).
Turns out a lady in the other ward owns one of the large craft stores in a neighboring city....score!

We had the Grinch show up instead of Santa (haha, luckily no screaming kids!):




Post a Comment