Ugh.
I have been THE WORST at updating this little family blog since starting custom blog designs.
I LOVE doing them,
and of course I love the money,
but the time and energy that it sucks out of me is not worth it.
At least not right now.
Right now my main priority should be mommy NOT blog-designer....sigh...
if only I could be Wonder Woman and somehow balance it all...but i can't.
I decided to make it final after talking to Kevin about it,
and of course I knew he wanted me too (we've talked about it before).
I guess I just needed him to tell me again.
The other evening he randomly said:
"Babe, I think you should stop doing blogs."
And that was that.
I knew it...he knew it...and I just wasn't doing the other things that I love doing.
Like reading or crafting or just plain getting off of the freaking computer.
(reading emails, answering emails, designing, redesigning, installing...I seriously don't know how these business/blogging mommy's do it!)
Howeeeeever,
that being said,
I will continue to keep up my Etsy shop (yaaaay!).
I will continue to keep up my Etsy shop (yaaaay!).
And that's because:
1. I can design premade Blogger templates on my own time/when Kevin plays Xbox with his buddies/after the babies are in bed
2. this way i am not rushed to fill a custom design order during the day/using up precious time with Bronx (and soon baby girl)
3. i still love designing blogs and playing around with HTML coding!
haha.
WOW so that was off topic just a little huh?
Not really what this post title prepared you for :)
Thanks for listening...I just needed to write it out.
So anyways,
another plus with stopping custom blog designs is that it will give me more time to actually document/journal about our life here again.
And that's important to me.
I'm 35 weeks today and really starting to freak out.
I have a list a mile long of stuff I want to either make or need to buy for baby girl,
and I just know I'm not going to get to all of it!
I'm going insane and feel like a giant.
I hate sitting down at night (like i'm doing now),
and either have to be laying on the couch or standing up when watching movies with Kevin.
It's super let me tell ya, haha.
Sleep is also slowly getting worse.
I just feel like I pee all the time and I know Kevin looooves when I get in and out of the bed 40 times a night.
Another reason I am freaking out?
I had Bronx at 38 weeks,
and that's what my doc said to prepare for again.
So that leaves me with 3 weeks (THREE WEEKS) to get my stuff together!
Stats?
Okay here ya go:
Another reason I am freaking out?
I had Bronx at 38 weeks,
and that's what my doc said to prepare for again.
So that leaves me with 3 weeks (THREE WEEKS) to get my stuff together!
Stats?
Okay here ya go:
How far along: 35 weeks!
Total weight gain: uh, i actually haven't looked lately but i think it's around 30lbs
Maternity clothes: heck yes. i love my leggings (although not maternity) that i live in, and i usually change into a giant tshirt by the end of the day because i hate feeling so restricted.
Stretch marks: not any new ones that i can see anyways
Sleep: like i said above, it's getting harder...
Best moment of this week: feeling her move. it never gets old. and i will never take that feeling for granted!
Miss anything: feeling fit and running (i stopped running at 33 weeks)
Movement: getting to be slightly slower, but that's to be expected. i can usually get her to move if i poke her :) haha. and if not, i grab Kevin's old stethoscope and listen to her heatbeat
Food cravings: icys from Target or really any gas station, and vanilla sherbet
Anything making you queasy or sick: nope
Have you started to show yet: yup. i am constantly bumping/running into table corners or counters thinking i am my normal size...
Gender: giiiiiirl! wouldn't that be funny if she came out a boy? (not really, but we do have a cool boy name picked out just in case)
Labor signs: no
Belly button in or out: out/flat. i just don't have a belly button anymore
Wedding rings on or off: on
Happy or moody most of the time: happy! but stressed trying to finish my last custom blog designs, and get things ready for baby girl
..............................................
I took Bronx to story time at the library for his first time...and even though he didn't freak out and scream and cry (like he does every Sunday for Nursery - oh, that is another post in the making...yikes..),
he still didn't want to sit and do what all the other kids were doing.
He just wanted to run around and explore the book isles and yell if I picked him up.
The little punk.
(these are the moments i dread having more than one kid...how do you contain them all, and keep them from running off and getting kidnapped or run over by a car?!)
because that's the ONLY place Bronx wants to be.
The second we get home from a walk,
and I take him out of the stroller,
he makes a mad dash to the 4wheeler and climbs up.
Then I have to rip him away from "daddy's precious toy" and deal with this:
I hate it.
He hates it.
And that's about the time we go into the backyard to get out some more energy.
As always,
we love Kevin's off days!
Bronx already knows that when daddy is home = 4wheeling rides!
(and yea that's a bike helmet...his head is just too small for a youth xs helmet still, but he still wants to go on rides with Kevin sooooo....)
And when Kevin sleeps in,
Bronx and I go to Target to look for baby girl things,
and share a Watermelon Icy.
They are SO. DANG. GOOD.
We've also been having lunch up on our balcony (located right off the playroom/loft) and this is another place Bronx loves to play.
And just for fun, here's a list of things i need/want to get done this week:
• finish at least 2 custom blog designs (leaving me with only 3 more)
• buy blanket material from Hobby Lobby
• make blankets!
• make flower headbands
• call and schedule Bronx's 18 month visit/vaccines (i am so behind, yes i know)
• hopefully get him in this week!
• get to Carters and use coupon for newborn onesies
• write Margaret (our 94 year old neighbor from Salem. you guys she is the sweetest lady ever-i will have to tell you about her in another post!)
• get Jaron/Kipley's wedding gift and mail it

What you describe about being so busy with custom blogs is the exact reason why I'm not doing a photography business right now. Too much time away from my family. I'm so excited for you to have your little girl! She is going to be a little doll. Good luck with everything and I'm excited to read more posts on this blog!
ReplyDeleteHey, I'm glad you'll be posting more. I love seeing your updates! As far as containment issues--double stroller saved my sanity! We got the one that has a bench seat in the back for a bigger kid, than the regular stroller seat in front (Sit n' Stand? I think). Anywhere we went that I didn't want to be chasing around 3 little kiddos, Adam was in front, Becca in back, and Jacob walking and holding on. Mall, library, kindergarten events w/ Jacob....And the times I didn't bring it, I was wishing I had.
ReplyDeleteYou are a busy girl! I hope you get it all done. I think you are still doing better at updating then I am. Our camera is dead. Zach has all the pics on his phone and hes been doing 11 hour shifts. so I never see him. I think you are doing great. I know walmart right now has a lot of baby and kids clothes on sale an extra 50 percent off sales items. Keep it up your doing great.
ReplyDeleteI can't believe how much he reminds me of our little guy! He even has all but the canine teeth in like Q. (did I see that right?) Boys are crazy, goofy, hilarious little mommas boys. (when it comes to nursery that is) I love it. Good luck getting it all done-you will love having a girl-and you are so cute!
ReplyDelete