Enter your keyword

Wreck it Ralph // 38 weeks

March 24, 2014

The days/weeks/months are going by way too fast,
and i don't like it!
 Here are some highlights as of late (and yep, a lot...okay most are all about the Bronxinator):

• Bronx loves Wreck it Ralph. like, loooooves it. when the movie ends, and the credits start playing, so does a catchy song. no matter where i am in the house at that moment, he will come running to me all excited, grab my hand, pull me into the living room, and we will have a dance party. because he watches this movie almost every day, yes, we basically have mini dance parties daily. and i love it.
please look at that big cheeser he has on his face:



(and do  you love that he just randomly stops to eat something off the carpet? super.)

• Bronx pooped in the tub for the first time, freaked out when he saw what came out of his little bum, then tried to dive out of the tub. it was hilarious to watch, and what was even better is that we were Face-Timing with my mom at the moment. so she got to watch the whole thing play out as well.

• When he gets an "owie" he runs to me and has me kiss it better. i love it.

• When he gets mad that he can't have something he will go put his face against the wall and cry/scream. i have a really hard time not laughing every time i see this. he has also gotten really good at pulling that sad little pouty lip face, and i think it's the freakin' cutest thing ever. he does that, then will walk slowly towards me for a hug. another reason i love being a mom!

• holds my hand a lot and loves to show me stuff in our backyard.




• says a whole lot all the time, but nothing understandable. he totally understands us, and doesn't have a problem telling/showing us what he wants to do, and we try try TRY to help him say actual words, and sometimes he'll try...but he really doesn't seem to care. i'm starting to get nervous, but know every kid is different (yada yada). we'll see where he's at with this when he turns 2 in July...

• is torch when Sundays roll around and he has to go to nursery. however, Kevin surprised us today and got to come to all 3 hours of our own ward! so he took Bronx to nursery today, and got this cute little clip from their music time:



• and yes, if you noticed we are growing out his hair. he has some sweet curls and the beginnings of a great mullet going on...hahaha! but who knows how much longer it will last...i kinda miss my little boy's mohawk...

• after church today, we layed him down for a nap (because he had only slept an hour before church), and we thought he was tired. and we were tired. so we went and layed down to nap too. 40 minutes later i heard a "click" and his door open....then little feet coming downstairs. ahhh! he cannot be tall enough/old enough to figure that out yet! he came right up to me and let me know that he was fully awake and got out of his room all by himself.

• i love seeing these two at the end of the day waiting for Kevin to come home:


• i also love seeing this guy working away in the garage on our nightstands!
he is so sexy.


• we went to Costco. can anyone ever leave that place without spending at least $100?
haha


• this little toilet seat appeared at our house over the weekend, and Bronx thinks it's the coolest. i'm not starting anything serious with him right now, but he already has gone in it lots, and now comes and tells me when he has a messy diaper. i am super impressed!


• during one of Kevin's off days this last week:


Man i freaking love them.

I am 38 weeks!
weight gained so far: about 30 lbs

Because Bronx got a nasty little snotty nose/cold/cough the week before last,
we were mostly indoors.
We finally got out this week and I did a little "jogging" (fast waddling? haha) with him.
So this is THE week that I had Bronx.....sooooo we'll see if I keep the same pattern or not, huh?
(fingers crossed she comes, because my family is coming this weekend, and i want her to be here for them!!!)

I am having mixed feeling about her coming though.
I am ready and not ready!
Ready to be done growing (i feel like i can't get any bigger or i will explode)!
Ready to cuddle and hold her.
Ready to see Bronx interact with her.
But not ready to deal with the after body torchness that happens.
I swear that the 1-2 months after the baby arrives is seriously the hardest part that no one tells you about!
I am also not ready because I have one more blanket i'd like to finish :)
I am also having a hard time when I think about Bronx not being my "baby" anymore.
I am trying to absorb all the time I can with it just being us two at home.

4 comments

  1. You seriously look amazing for only two weeks left! And good luck starting the whole potty training thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those last few weeks before adding a new baby are always a tender time for me, too. Worrying that the current baby won't get enough love or attention (or anyone else) and also excited to meet the new babe.
    Sidenote: we have done the potty seat over the real toilet method for potty training too. It has been great for us. Mostly we've done it because I can't stand the thought of cleaning out a potty chair every time they go.--Even though I change diapers, so what's the difference? I don't know, I'd rather just have them go in the actual toilet and save some grossness.
    Anyway, hope you get to meet your little lady soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe you could have your baby any day now! I'm so excited for you. So I feel a bit like a stalker since we haven't seen each other in how many years?! But I enjoy your blog and I wish I could be as good as you @ updating cute, interesting posts. :) Thanks for letting me tag along. That looks almost exactly like Qs nursery! He has music time on those same little chairs, little egg shakers and its all men as nursery leaders, so its hilarious to hear them singing. Cutest thing ever actually. Good Luck! I know what you mean by having such mixed feelings with enjoying last few days with just the little man/waiting for new baby girl....

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was fun to read over and Audrey - I don't think I've ever seen such an exact basketball belly as yours. That is some amazing stuff you got going on ;-) Good luck with the potty training, I think your method will work (slow start and using that extra seat - I wish I had done that). Good luck with your new baby! I can't wait to hear how Bronx reacts to baby sister.

    ReplyDelete