A few Sundays ago in sacrament, we sang the hymn: I Believe in Christ (#134). The fourth line in the fourth verse made me stop: "I believe in Christ; so come what may[....]" It's been on my mind the past few weeks. And I knew I wanted to make that phrase into a printable (i do that a lot, see my shop here or freebies here).
On Saturday nights, if I'm not hanging out with Kevin (sometimes he'll go have a guys night, or i'll have a girls night), I've found that turning on Pandora to the Hilary Weeks radio station, puts me in such a good and peaceful mood. Last night as I did this and listened while creating this printable. Then a song came on that really spoke to how I've been feeling this past week. It's called: Sometimes He Lets It Rain, sung by Katherine Nelson.
She sees the storm clouds gather, the sky is turning cold and grey.
She knows that something's coming when she starts to feel this way.
She pleads for intervention, but heaven offers no relief.
She would understand if she could only see.
When her heart surrenders to the master in control,
Her spirit learns the lessons and the tempest in her soul.
When it's no longer raging, and she can see how far
She's come through the wisdom and the mercy of the Son.
Sometimes He lets it rain, He lets the fierce winds blow.
Sometimes it takes a storm to lead a heart where it can grow.
He can move mountains of grief, and oceans of pain,
but sometimes he lets it rain.
There is no joy without the pain,
Sometimes He lets it rain.
Since entering the month of October, I've just started feeling way more anxious and nervous about what's to come. Like a storm is on the horizon. I know it's coming, and each day if I'm not keeping myself busy, my mind will start wandering to that topic and wonder about what's to come. I hate it. Also, these waves of thought hit me at random times too. The other day I was blowing bubbles with Bronx and Tinley, and just felt this pang of sadness come over me and I began tearing up.
So when these moments hit I try to repeat in my head: I believe in Christ, so come what may...it may be hard, but I know everything will be okay eventually. Whenever that is.
So when these moments hit I try to repeat in my head: I believe in Christ, so come what may...it may be hard, but I know everything will be okay eventually. Whenever that is.

Love the printable and the saying. I'm glad you are centering on Christ during this difficult (and scary) time. We're still thinking about and praying for you guys over here. Life is Good :)
ReplyDeletelove your printable. Praying for you over here in NC. Your faith in God is awesome and is exactly what will get you through as you know he has the perfect plan and has only good in store for you. AND it's ok to be scared sometimes as you are human.
ReplyDelete