Back before the true craziness hit, I threw a bridal shower for my sister, Elise. I got down to Utah about 2 weeks before we held it (at my parent's house), and that was the perfect amount of time to keep me preoccupied and busy. Weirdly enough, I was so excited to throw her this shower. I was after all, freaking excited that one of my sisters was getting married. Elise and I are about 7 years apart, and so having sisters that are grown up now and entering similar phases of life make it funner to talk to and relate to!
I really was set on making this a great shower for her. And none of it would have been possible without my mom, who was by my side the whole time helping me with every single thing, and being SUCH a huge support! I totally loved every second of planning this shower because of her! haha
I started with a Pinterest board, and gathered ideas from there (like i would a blog design). I knew I wanted a cute tassel banner, quotes, some pretty centerpieces for the main table, and awesome food!
I worked on everything mostly late at night, in my parent's office, after the kids were asleep.
Here are some of the boards I had prepped for writing on.
Cutting up tissue paper for the banner.
I sketch every design on a sticky note or paper before I actually put the pen to the board.
Spray painted a bunch of mason jars for tables, and for the wedding luncheon/reception.
I loved making all of these!
Ahh. Large and in charge. haha #36weekspregnant
Elise with the Perry's (her new fam!).
The Simmons girls minus Tay (who had already bounced to go hang out with friends!).
Thanks to having some of the best cooks ever in the Fuller family (and lots of baby showers and bridal showers),
I had lots of great ideas for what to make food-wise.
But i'll be honest-my mom like made everything.
I think the menu was my favorite sign :)
Getting ready!
Post a Comment