Today at work,
my boss wanted us to fix the candy machine.
my boss wanted us to fix the candy machine.
The plexiglass divider inside was askew due to the force of the jawbrakers on one side,
and not enough red hotts on the other side.
It just needed to be glued back into place.
In order to glue it,
the candy had to be taken out.
No problem.
We dumped the candy into bags and as we got to the bottom,
we found some RUNTS.
Actually,
a whole lot of runts.
And my boss said we could EAT THEM!
Well I ate some,
and then some more.
{They were addicting, okay?!}
And then I got sick of them.
But hey,
I was at the register and no customers were coming up,
so I ate some more to pass the time.
{Ooohhh why did I have to eat that last handfull!}
Then I was REALLY sick of them,
with a stomach ache.
Moral of the story:
Stop when you get sick of 'em the first time!
THIS REMINDS ME! I forgot to reply to your text yesterday! About the no sugar for a year thing... oh man. I am a sweets fanatic. I love brownies and chocolate cookies as much as I love my own family!! However, I decided I was willing to sacrifice them. So the first 2 weeks of going off sugar, My body craved it so hard! But then the cravings stopped, and I found that I no longer even desire sugar. If someone brings around a plate of cookies, I feel sick just looking at it. My body craves vegetables now. There are days when it's hard, usually in the evenings, but I've found the biggest tip is to just not have sugar around my apartment. I don't buy anything with sugar, so when those cravings come, there is nothing I can do about it anyway. It was hard for awhile because my roommates boyfriend opened a sweetshop so we were hanging out there all the time, and I was constantly wanting all the pie and cake, so I stopped going, and my cravings stopped. Also, I usually allow myself one sugary item on week, and that's generally on Sundays. Andy and I go to dinner at his grandma's house sometimes, and she will always make us dessert! So I feel rude not eating it because she prepared it specifically for us. So I just eat it, and man, it is SOOOO good! But yeah, it really isn't that hard once you give yourself a couple weeks.
ReplyDelete