Enter your keyword

October Festivities

October 23, 2012

For FHE this week I wanted to do something with pumpkins.
Even though Bronx is too little to remember any of this,
it's still fun for me to do it!
I made Kevin be our photographer.

Before any of this actually began-while I was grabbing supplies-I had laid Bronx on his back on the kitchen rug.
This is how I found him when I came back in:

Photobucket

haha.
He officially rolled over completely!
He's been trying to this week,
but never got fully over because of his arm.
Of course he manages to do it when I'm not looking.

Photobucket 

Way to go baby!
The project started with a pumpkin,

Photobucket

some paint,

Photobucket

and a nakee baby.
 ...it immediately went downhill from there...
I had this cute idea to put Bronx's hand prints all over a pumpkin,
but I couldn't even find my black paint that I wanted.
So I resorted to green.


And as you can see it's kinda hard to get a three month old to open up his hand.
I also forgot that a pumpkin is not smooth and perfect,
but bumpy.

Photobucket

So we stopped.
I ended up trying to mimic a Pinterest idea and it turned out like this:


 I wish I could say mine is that sweet one on the left.
HA.
Yeah...alas it's that failed attempt on the right...(okay so i got tired of painting that one layer-next time i'll try spray paint and multiple layers, oh and i probs should have used actual painting tape instead of plain masking tape)...
I shall call it the "grunge" chevron.

In other October news:
 • I was able to finally paint my nails a festive orange during one of Bronx's naps

 Photobucket

• Kevin's cousin invited us to dinner tonight and I made these little treats to take, along with a salad.


This was my successful Pinterest project of the month.
• When we first moved in I had actually given us a "mummy" door,
but thanks to the rain it came down 24 hours later.


And that's a wrap.

5 comments

  1. Hi
    cute baby by the way! Perhaps a set of foot prints all over the pumping? Great attempt!
    Did you happen to visit a cousin that could be my sister?? Curious.
    Love Oregon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was cracking up over your pumpkin! I'm so glad I'm not the only one who experiences crafting misshaps! You're brave for posting. I usually just pretended it didn't happen! Try the green frog tape next time? I think it's better than the blue painters tape

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha!! So many fun crafts and treats! And way to go Bronx!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. HAHA I love it all Audrey. I swear, that's how pinterest stuff always seem to work. It doesn't. :) Those little spidey chocolates look awesome though! Maybs I'll have to have my kids "help me" make those. And Bronx is rolling over already? Gosh, I'm missing out on his life! :( You guys wanna come visit us?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your mummy door -- such a cute idea (that you copied - ha ha). The pumpkin one is cute too, but depressing to me b/c you think your take was on the grunge side, if I /when I try anything crafty it always looks 10 times worse.

    Other news, I am also curious about the cousin that you visited. I can't remember if there are cousins "on the other side" in Oregon. I think there are.

    ReplyDelete