Enter your keyword

While He Was in Denver, I Was in Meridian

October 27, 2012

(Just a warning: this is a looong post of my week in Meridian, because i don't feel like breaking it up into sections. so if you still want to read, be my guest.)

I'm so so sooooo glad that I went to hang out with my family,
during that week when Kevin went to Denver.
If you remember,
he had been gone the week before(to the Oregon store),
and I did not want to hang out by myself again.
We left Sunday afternoon - after the blessing and luncheon - and both dudes (Bronx and Tank) did pretty good the whole drive.

I'd be lying if I didn't have help with Bronx.
I had more than enough!
He was given so much love and attention,
and was held almost 24/7!
It was awesome.


Almost every morning I got a good run in.

Photobucket

One morning I ran through my old neighborhood,
a park with my last name,
and my old elementary school.
Good memories.
I tried to tell Bronx about everything along the way,
but I think it all got lost in translation...

Photobucket


I took Bronx over to visit the Shoemakers since they hadn't seen him yet.
That was fun,
plus I always like seeing the cool projects Kerr has got going on in her home.
Her and Zook are so dang good at all those DIY creative home projects.

Photobucket

I went to the mall with Elise one day,
and Alair and Tay the next.
Tay is obsessed with Wetzel's Pretzels so of course we had to stop and get one.
I think she got me hooked on those big salty things...
Speaking of getting hooked on stuff,
my fam was watching Once Upon A Time,
and I fell in love with that series.
I watched the first 5 episodes of season 1 and then I got Kevin hooked too.
Haha - we've already watched all of season 1 and are caught up on 2...

Photobucket

Here's one of the new outfits I got Bronx.

Photobucket

Then five minutes later he thought it'd be funny to have a blowout...
and pee all over me.

My favorite part of the week was probably the corn maze we went to!


I can't even remember the last time I went to one.
Every time I want to go,
Kevin wants to go to the haunted maze and usually I am a big baby about those ones.
(ha okay more often than not...)


Photobucket


Bronx was frustrated for the first 5 min,
then happy,
then asleep.

Photobucket


Photobucket

All us girls.
Don't ask me why I wore flip flops...it's a sore subject.

Photobucket

Afterwards,
we went to G&G Simmons's house.
They had invited us over for dinner,
and I got to see my cute cousin Jaleese and her hubby!

Photobucket


That was a fun visit.

One of the other fun things I did (okay it was ALL fun!) was help get my mom's house a little more in the "Halloween mood".


Tay would like me to point out that she was my helper (she definitely likes to do the crafty stuff with me),
and those candy corns up there?...yup those were almost gone when I left.
haha they are SO good.

Photobucket
(if you look closely you can see how Tank has jumped up to snuggle in my lap too)
Saturday and Sunday we watched General Conference (ha and no one is looking at the tv...must've been a song),
and the Mahlers stopped by to say hi!


Tank was loving life when he was piled among all the warm blankets,
and tummy rubs.


Photobucket

He also loved being able to run free!

Photobucket

One of the main things we did during the week was go to Alair and Taylia's volleyball games.
I was so proud of them,
and so happy I finally got to watch them play!
They definitely do waaaaay better than I ever could play.
Alair is a sophomore and made varsity,
and Taylia is in 7th grade and made the A team.
Elise is a senior and was on varsity as well,
but decided not to play this year because she's taking all these smart college classes already(and wanted to get good grades without the stress from the homework load)!
woot woot!


Bronx would go to these games asleep,
wake up and be held for the majority of the time,
and then fall back asleep right before the final game ended.


You know you've been up too late when you text your sis in law on accident...thinking it's your hubby...

Photobucket

Hilarious.

Sunday after the morning session,
Alden, Bronx, and I hit the road back to Utah.
It was one great week!

3 comments

  1. We just discovered Once Upon A Time also! We started the 1st season on netflix this week and have been recording the 2nd season on tv. We will be a little behind when we start it, but.....it is so good! I love all your pictures! I wish we had corn mazes down here...i guess there is just too much swamp! Bronx is so freakin cute!! And I love his name! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We LOVE Once upon a time! I may be dressing up as Emma for Halloween. I think its awesome and probably like Kevin, its good enough for Devon to watch with me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE Once Upon A Time...do you guys have Netflix or how did you watch the first season? Chris was wanting to start up but couldn't find it on hulu. Love all the pics. You're looking great! : )

    ReplyDelete