Enter your keyword

Off to Oregon We Go!

October 18, 2012


After an awesome week with my family,
B and I caught a ride home with Alden (who had come up to hang out with us over Conference weekend).
More on that later.
 It felt like Kevin and I hadn’t seen each other in weeks,
because basically,
we hadn’t.
Between all the blessing stuff the previous weekend-it was all just a haze-I think there was maybe 15 hours total we were alone,
and 12 of those were spent sleeping.
Haha.
The first thing Kevin said when he saw Bronx was:
“It looks like he’s gained ten more pounds! He’s so fat!”
That boy is putting on more weight each day,
and I love it!

Bright and early Monday morning we picked up our rental truck,
and started loading the easy boxes.
We were REALLY temped-on multiple occasions during this process-to just huck a few of those boxes in the trash.
We refrained somehow (probs because we knew we’d kick ourselves later if we did),
and around 4pm Alissa, Dres, and Athen came over to help us load some more.

Photobucket

Yes, that’s Dres lifting our spare bed.
She’s like a twig,
and she’s the one that carried all three couches into the truck with Kevin.
Alissa and I just watched in amazement and laughed.
They were a huge help!
Bird came over later that night with dinner which we ate together on the floor,
and then loaded up some more stuff.
Our bishop showed up too (at the perfect moment when Bird and I couldn’t do anything) and helped Kevin load some big stuff like our bed and dresser.
We slept on the floor like old times and woke up to begin another day of packing.
Our original plan was to pack everything Monday,
drive to Meridian,
sleep,
finish driving to Oregon on Tuesday,
and move in.

Those plans changed when we were told we couldn’t move in until October 10th(Wednesday).
So Tuesday we finish loading the truck and cars with the help of Ang and Bird.
I seriously hate loading that last hour of stuff up.
It’s all the random crap that gets put in open boxes and doesn’t really have a place.
The main concern (for Kevin anyways) was his fish.
He didn’t want them to die and was worried they would,
because we were traveling a further distance than just Rexburg to PG.
He loaded them last,
and we finally loaded the Acura onto the auto-transport (I was driving the Xterra).


Photobucket

We hit the road at 4:50pm.

One thing we didn’t expect was that the truck would be a diesel.
We rented through Penske because they gave AAA discounts,
But looking back now,
Kevin swears he will never rent from them again just because it was a diesel.
He said the truck bounced non-stop and he’s surprised his glass tank didn’t bust on the way here.
It was also extremely slow to accelerate or stop (but he was towing a car dolly so…).
Anyways we really like Uhaul and will stick with them next time.
HA….next time
Needless to say,
the going was tortuously slow.
The recommended speed for the truck pulling our car was 55mph.
Not that we wanted to go super fast (especially with our life boxed up inside),
but MAN 55mph is sooo slooooooowww.
It seems even worse on a freeway that is marked 75mph,
and everyone is flying past doing 85.
 


Aaaaannnndd sorry to break it to ya,
but you will not be seeing that music video i made.
Haha.
It's just too dang imbarrasing.
Maybes if you come over and we get bored we can watch it though...

Photobucket

Bronx was the best.
He slept from 4 to 8,
then woke up and started crying so we stopped at a rest stop,
I changed him,
bottled him,
he fell right back asleep,
and we were on our way again.

Photobucket

We stopped for gas and food in Twin around 10:15,
he woke up again,
ate again,
and fell back asleep until we arrived in Meridian at 12:30am.
When we had started at 5,
Kevin and I were all gung-ho to just drive the whole way to Oregon,
not sleep,
but just pick up Tank from my parents and leave.
Haha,
that changed when we got to my family’s house and realized how freaking tired we really were.
Then my dad offered to come with us to help drive and unpack everything…the catch was that he couldn’t leave until Thursday.
Kevin and I talked about it before going to bed and because Kevin’s fish were still alive and kickin’ (he had put them in a bucket with air filtering in),
we decided to stay the day Wednesday,
and continue our move on Thursday with my dad’s help.

That plan ended up being great!
We got to sleep in,
relax,
watch Taylia’s championship game,
and most importantly my fam got to see some more of little B.
(they acted like they hadn’t seen him in forever…)

Photobucket

We also go to go see the Shoemakers while we were in town!


They were remodeling their downstairs bathroom...thus the toilet outside...and sweet pics...Uncle Bud taught cute little Say how to "take a dump".
haha

Because it was going to be an even longer drive (I know, kill me right?),
we decided to leave Meridian at 4am.
Which really ended up being like 5am.

Photobucket

Even though Bronx was still pretty good for this drive,
I was SO THANKFUL that my dad drove for me so I could give him attention when he would wake up.
I was feeling pretty bad because for the past three days he had basically lived in his carseat.
Bad mommy, bad.

Photobucket

Here we are stopped for a bathroom break and stretching our legs.
We got to our destination around 1:30,
unhooked the car,
and started the unloading process.
Having my dad there was the best thing ever.

Photobucket

Even though we were sweaty and tired and hot,
it went by fast.
The whole time Bronx just laid on the floor and jabbered away in his new incoherent language that he’s got going on.
And Tank sat in his kennel.


We were done unloading by 5,
my dad took a shower,
we drove him to the airport and he caught a flight home.
Kevin was so exhausted he was falling asleep on the way to the airport,
(even though my dad and I were talking to him!) so on our way back I made him stop to get us food and told him to let me drive the rest of the way.
Luckily,
KFC did the trick and woke him right up.
We got home and then began more fun stuff like opening up boxes and finding places for everything.
Kevin and I both like to “gogogo” and not stop until we have messes cleaned up,
or looking how we like.
I’d say we got 70% of everything unpacked and put away that night.
An eventful, productive day.

3 comments

  1. It's so crazy that everything happened so fast! I'm glad that things went well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. That was Nancy I didn't know I was logged in under Charles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty exciting times for you guys! I'm anxious to hear more about it. We one time moved into our house for 5 weeks and then moved out and off to CA. It was the c-raps for sure.

    ReplyDelete