Enter your keyword

Preschool for Bronx: Year 1

September 17, 2016

I didn't have any serious thoughts about putting Bronx in preschool this year. Mainly because we aren't putting him in Kindergarten next year, even though he'll be 5. We don't want him to be the youngest in his class, and have heard from multiple sources/people + Kevin's mom who was a teacher, to hold our boys back a year that have such a late birthday. Which I have no problem with. So I was going to think about preschool next for next year. But when one of our friends posted about her mom starting a preschool group, we decided: why not? It'll be great to have him doing something more and learning more and being around more kids, and it will be nice to spend some quality time with Tinley while he's gone. Plus, when I have this new baby, that might be a nice "break" for him to get out of the house and me to relax a tiny bit more with the newborn?....we shall see. haha.

He goes 3 days a week. Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. 9:30-11:30. And it's about 5 minutes away which is perfect. He started on the 7th and so far he tells us he loves it and has so much fun. Yay for that! I love being able to drop him off and hit up stores with just Tinley. She is leaps and bounds easier in stores than I feel Bronx ever was! It's great to have that one-on-one time with her!





Tinley cried a lot right after Bronx left on his first day by himself.
She's so big now when I look at her,
and wants to do everything Bronx does!


Struttin' off to school on his first full day all by himself!


On the first day,
each kid brought an "all about me" poster.
"FOODS" should really have said...."TREATS"....my bad.


He seriously would NOT pull a normal smile/face.
He kept pulling these smirks.


His very first day was mostly an orientation type of day.
They met each other,
showed off their posters,
and chose their supplies.
There are 5 boys and 3 girls.

I think it is the cutest thing to see him sitting there with his "peers". He's getting so grown up and already can spell his name, write it, and recognizes it. Which may be normal for this age (he's 4), but man it just seems like he is growing way too fast lately! 

1 comment

  1. So cute! I can't believe how big he is getting! Love the new look on the blog, btw.

    ReplyDelete