Enter your keyword

Locks of Love

November 12, 2011

....minus the donating part.
....and the locks.
So not really,
but kinda.

So we have these awesome friends,
and their names are Megan and Josh Lloyd.

Photobucket

Here is what you should know about these two:
  • they are the most lovey-dovey, in-love couple we know
  • Megan is the sweetest girl, and would do anything for you
  • Josh is a hard-core biker, and fit as can be

Well,
a few months ago we all started noticing a lump growing on the side of Josh's neck.
The guys joked about,
didn't think it was anything...
...but then he got it checked out.
It looked to be a swollen lymphnode,
but a further diagnosis showed it to be lymphoma.
Stage 4 cancer.

Photobucket

In a second their world has been turned upside down.
Josh had to pull out of school,
and start his chemo treatments pronto.
Because he is doing these treatments in Salt Lake,
they've had multiple trips to and from Utah,
and more than their fair share of trips to the ER.
Sometimes things happen to us in this life that we can't explain,
and we wonder: why?
Why Josh?
He was so healthy.
Never in a million years did we guess he'd have to go through this.
But as we've seen/read/heard about their experience we realize that these two can handle anything.
They are two tough cookies.
Kevin and I can't think of any other couple who could get through it as well as they have.
Often,
particularly when I'm reading Megan's blog,
I am reminded of this quote:

Photobucket

It doesn't seem fair that Josh and Megan have to go through this,
but it is comforting knowing that Heavenly Father is watching out for them.
He loves them,
knows what's best,
and he knows what they can handle.

Photobucket
{taken on their vaca to Cancun right before they found out}

Soooooooo............................

Kevin works with Josh at the plasma center,
and Thursday night the guys decided to get together and shave their heads for Josh.
Every one of 'em!

{here are just a few before, during, and afters thanks to Alix!}

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Kevin was there that night watching it all go down,
but because I had planned family pics for Saturday,
I told him to wait.

So Saturday morning this is what Kevin did:

Photobucket

Photobucket


Photobucket

The last "hurrah" before he went completely bald.
Good thing I love this man more than ever!!!!!!

Right after he got done we headed to the plasma center.
Josh still had no idea,
and Kevin wanted to get as many people there as possible and surprise him!
I went to pick up Josh and bring him back to this.....

Photobucket

Photobucket
{haha, i love the face of the doner watching this all go down}

SURPRISE!!!!!
WE LOVE YOU JOSH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!




Photobucket

This isn't even all the baldies!


Photobucket

Kevin showing Josh pics of "the shaving".
By the way,
do you like how Kevin left his beard?
HA.
he thought he was being sneaky.
It'll probs go tonight!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Because Megan was working,
we then headed across the street to tell her all about it!

Photobucket

Photobucket

She's a freaking doll.
This is in her in her cute salon.
{p.s. it is part of PANACHE}

Photobucket

We really do love you Josh and Megan.
You're constantly in our prayers.

5 comments

  1. That is just the sweetest thing those boys did for him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cool. Good job plasma workers, such a cool thing you did for a friend. I bet it meant a lot to Josh.and Megan. That's awesome guys.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this is so cool. I can't imagine the love and support that Josh and Megan felt from this. That's pretty dang awesome. Thanks for capturing it all Audrey.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhh. I'm so glad you shared that story. brought tears to my eyes. they're in our prayers. what good friends they have.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cool, touching. Thanks for sharing.
    Best wishes to Josh

    Colette

    ReplyDelete