That phrase is something my dad would say to us as we began each road trip.
But that's beside the point of my topic here.
This year my family is coming to us for Thanksgiving!
Yay!
I've been super excited for it,
but knew that I'd have to buckle down and do some deep cleaning on my day off.
Because of course I want to impress my madre,
and show her that all those years of chores and nagging have paid off.
So Tuesday I went to town.
I scrubbed,
I wiped,
I swept,
mopped,
and vacuumed.
And I'm not talking just the big stuff guys -
I wiped down baseboards,
and backsplashes,
and that dreaded shower.
Ugh.
I HATE cleaning the shower.
But I did it!
Then,
right when I was putting away the mop bucket I got an idea.
I decided that I wanted to paint my bathroom cupboards.
Really,
I've been wanting to paint them since I saw our neighbor's blog.
The Pages made it look so cute!

I busted out my handy-dandy drill and got to work.
To be honest,
I actually bought this paint the week after I read Page's blog,
and it's just been sitting bored under my sink!
A project waiting to happen.
No big deal that this was the night before my family arrived.

Alden got into town around 5,
so Kevin and I got to hang out with him that evening.
We went to Ray's and picked out a movie,
and then to Albertson's to grab some last-minute groceries.
When we got back in the truck Alden said:
"Man, I don't think I could take it here. Everywhere you go, someone knows you!"
Oh Alden.
It was kinda funny though,
because we don't realize we know so many people/have so many friends until it's pointed out to us.
The first year of our marriage,
I remember being so weirded-out that Kevin would say hi to at least 10 people wherever we went.
Whether the grocery store, a gas station, a restaurant, or the movie theater;
Kevin was always talking to peeps he knew.
I've always thought I'd hate that "small-town"/"everyone knows everyone" feeling,
but I don't.
It's fun to have people say hi to us and get a friendly smile daily!
Anyways.
We watched our movie and I went to start the dishwasher....
....and it WOULDN'T START!
I was silently freaking out because the dishwasher was PACKED from all the leftover containers we had eaten from the night before.
Plus I had just let the dishes build up,
thinking it'd be no big deal to just do a big batch.
Well,
it's no fun to do a big batch BY HAND!!!
Alden jumped in though and said he'd take over so that Kevin and I could sleep.
We had work the next morning and it was already 1am.
What a champ.
Oh,
and if you were interested in the final product:


I'm pretty happy!
But that's beside the point of my topic here.
This year my family is coming to us for Thanksgiving!
Yay!
I've been super excited for it,
but knew that I'd have to buckle down and do some deep cleaning on my day off.
Because of course I want to impress my madre,
and show her that all those years of chores and nagging have paid off.
So Tuesday I went to town.
I scrubbed,
I wiped,
I swept,
mopped,
and vacuumed.
And I'm not talking just the big stuff guys -
I wiped down baseboards,
and backsplashes,
and that dreaded shower.
Ugh.
I HATE cleaning the shower.
But I did it!
Then,
right when I was putting away the mop bucket I got an idea.
I decided that I wanted to paint my bathroom cupboards.
Really,
I've been wanting to paint them since I saw our neighbor's blog.
The Pages made it look so cute!
I busted out my handy-dandy drill and got to work.
To be honest,
I actually bought this paint the week after I read Page's blog,
and it's just been sitting bored under my sink!
A project waiting to happen.
No big deal that this was the night before my family arrived.
Alden got into town around 5,
so Kevin and I got to hang out with him that evening.
We went to Ray's and picked out a movie,
and then to Albertson's to grab some last-minute groceries.
When we got back in the truck Alden said:
"Man, I don't think I could take it here. Everywhere you go, someone knows you!"
Oh Alden.
It was kinda funny though,
because we don't realize we know so many people/have so many friends until it's pointed out to us.
The first year of our marriage,
I remember being so weirded-out that Kevin would say hi to at least 10 people wherever we went.
Whether the grocery store, a gas station, a restaurant, or the movie theater;
Kevin was always talking to peeps he knew.
I've always thought I'd hate that "small-town"/"everyone knows everyone" feeling,
but I don't.
It's fun to have people say hi to us and get a friendly smile daily!
Anyways.
We watched our movie and I went to start the dishwasher....
....and it WOULDN'T START!
I was silently freaking out because the dishwasher was PACKED from all the leftover containers we had eaten from the night before.
Plus I had just let the dishes build up,
thinking it'd be no big deal to just do a big batch.
Well,
it's no fun to do a big batch BY HAND!!!
Alden jumped in though and said he'd take over so that Kevin and I could sleep.
We had work the next morning and it was already 1am.
What a champ.
Oh,
and if you were interested in the final product:
I'm pretty happy!
oh GOSH! i want to ask Brittney if we can do this.
ReplyDeleteWow, those cabinets look great! I hope your family is duly impressed. :)
ReplyDeletelooks freakin' awesome!!
ReplyDeleteLOVE your cute bathroom cabinets. Jealous.
ReplyDeletesuper cute cabinets...turned out great. Very daring to do it the NIGHT before company! can't wait to read about your family's visit.
ReplyDeleteWOW Audrey that is awesome. You did a great job.Looks fantastic.
ReplyDelete