So one day my boss decided he was going to throw away this desk hutch.
But keep the desk.
I wanted the hutch,
so he said I could have it.
I then tried to make him give me the desk part too,
but to no avail.
LAME-O.
Well,
I was really excited to have a desk so I set about trying to find one.
I checked D.I. and nothing.
I checked prices on new ones and nothing.
{mostly I have decided that desks are expensive little boogers}
Sooooooo
yesterday at work I decided to BUILD me one.


Awesome, huh?
Basically my co-worker, Nathan, was extremely patient with me.
He cut all the peices on the table saw,
and did all the drilling while I held the boards together.
But hey,
I DID nail the backboard all by myself.
And then I brought it home.

I was going to have none o' that two toned wood business,
so I immediately set to work to paint it.
{uh, sorry about seeing my foot in that above pic, I meant to crop it and forgot}

Doesn't it look a million times better?!

I then proceeded to screw in these L brackets to attach the hutch to the desk.
All by myself.

And THEN came the fun part of sorting through alllllllllll my closet junk,
and throwing away what I didn't need,
what I wanted to keep,
and reorganizing the whole thing.
Except sometimes I get distracted when doing this and go for walks down memory lane.
I used to love collecting erasers when I was, like, 10.
My favorite was always the pink, yellow, and green ice cream cone.

WooLa!
My own personalized work space.
I'm in love.
And Kevin was impressed.
{hmmm. the only thing missing form this picture is a sillouette machine......}
But keep the desk.
I wanted the hutch,
so he said I could have it.
I then tried to make him give me the desk part too,
but to no avail.
LAME-O.
Well,
I was really excited to have a desk so I set about trying to find one.
I checked D.I. and nothing.
I checked prices on new ones and nothing.
{mostly I have decided that desks are expensive little boogers}
Sooooooo
yesterday at work I decided to BUILD me one.
Awesome, huh?
Basically my co-worker, Nathan, was extremely patient with me.
He cut all the peices on the table saw,
and did all the drilling while I held the boards together.
But hey,
I DID nail the backboard all by myself.
And then I brought it home.
I was going to have none o' that two toned wood business,
so I immediately set to work to paint it.
{uh, sorry about seeing my foot in that above pic, I meant to crop it and forgot}
Doesn't it look a million times better?!
I then proceeded to screw in these L brackets to attach the hutch to the desk.
All by myself.
And THEN came the fun part of sorting through alllllllllll my closet junk,
and throwing away what I didn't need,
what I wanted to keep,
and reorganizing the whole thing.
Except sometimes I get distracted when doing this and go for walks down memory lane.
I used to love collecting erasers when I was, like, 10.
My favorite was always the pink, yellow, and green ice cream cone.
WooLa!
My own personalized work space.
I'm in love.
And Kevin was impressed.
{hmmm. the only thing missing form this picture is a sillouette machine......}
That is way awesome Audrey! You did a great job. Maybe I can get Zach to build us one. We have been making saturdays our project day but I can't ever find projects maybe this is a good one for the future when our current one dies! Your so creative I wonder sometimes where my creative mind went to...hmm. Oh I remember the day I became a penny pincher grr..
ReplyDeletehahaha-CRYSTAL! Whatever, you're smart with you're money. I've been dying to have a desk....well, forever. And with our discount at work I made and got all the supplies for $28. I thought it was a pretty good deal. :)
ReplyDeleteGreat job Audrey it looks great!!
ReplyDeletedefin needs a sillouette! nice work!
ReplyDeleteThat is awesome!~ Great job, you people that do crafts make me feel so...untalented!
ReplyDeleteAudrey I'm super impressed. It looks great! And it looks like a fun place to work too. I love looking at all your crafts. Maybe someday you'll have to teach me how to make all of them.
ReplyDeleteThat is BEAUTIFUL!! WELL DONE!
ReplyDeleteYou are so talented. I need you to teach me how to make those headbands. They are so cute.
ReplyDelete