Enter your keyword

Thoughts of the Day

March 8, 2011

1. I repainted my nails last night {finally} with a shimmery green,
you know,
to be festive for March and Saint Patrick's Day and all.

2. Chantel (a best bud from school/church) left a comment last week, in response to a text I sent her.
I saw that one of her goals for 2011 is to not eat sugar.
I was dumbfounded, and so I asked her how she is handling it.
Here was what she said in response to this post: 

About the no sugar for a year thing... oh man. I am a sweets fanatic. I love brownies and chocolate cookies as much as I love my own family!! However, I decided I was willing to sacrifice them. So the first 2 weeks of going off sugar, My body craved it so hard! But then the cravings stopped, and I found that I no longer even desire sugar. If someone brings around a plate of cookies, I feel sick just looking at it. My body craves vegetables now. There are days when it's hard, usually in the evenings, but I've found the biggest tip is to just not have sugar around my apartment. I don't buy anything with sugar, so when those cravings come, there is nothing I can do about it anyway. It was hard for awhile because my roommates boyfriend opened a sweetshop so we were hanging out there all the time, and I was constantly wanting all the pie and cake, so I stopped going, and my cravings stopped. Also, I usually allow myself one sugary item on week, and that's generally on Sundays. Andy and I go to dinner at his grandma's house sometimes, and she will always make us dessert! So I feel rude not eating it because she prepared it specifically for us. So I just eat it, and man, it is SOOOO good! But yeah, it really isn't that hard once you give yourself a couple weeks.


Photobucket

Craving vegatables?
Are you kidding me?
I love my treats,
especially after dinner.
But I don't think she's crazy.
Nope.
One dessert a week sounds reasonable.
So I'm going to try it.
Attempt it.
Do it.
Even if I only last a month, hey, it'll be a good health cleanser I think.

3. I thought it'd be cool to go take some pictures of Kevin in his working environment,
but he nixed the idea fast.
Too embarrassing, turns out.

4. Kevin and I play this game when we run together on the track.
It doesn't have a name,
but it goes like this:
try to be the first to spot the barefoot runners.
{yea, sick huh? it's like put some shoes on those things!}
And then we say: "There's a B.F-er!"
But just loud enough so that the other can hear.
It's pretty entertaining.

Photobucket

5. I watched the Bachelor last night and cracked up.
It was a good 'un, and I have to admit Michelle is freaking funny.
I thought it was cool some of the girls defended her.
I thought Jackie was overly loud,
I still adore Ashley S.,
Ashley H.'s new look is beautiful,
Brad is ridiculously fine,
and the "blooper funny moments" at the end had me rolling on the floor.
I laughed so hard,
and then made Kevin watch it with me.
He laughed too.

4 comments

  1. First off you r one dang good blogger! Love your blog!
    I was shocked by how harsh all the girls were towards Michelle. I felt sooooo bad for her. It seems like she really did have good intentions.
    The sweets.... You can sooooo do it! I have lost 15 lbs since January 1st by limiting my sweets to the weekends. I fill my sweet cravings with green smoothies... Makes me feel like I'm downing a shake. Or try yogurt! Best of luck to you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with the sweets thing! I try not to eat a ton but I'm still working on it.

    Love your blog about last weekend! It was a fun Sunday evening. I might have to steal some pictures for a blog of my own :).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm impressed you are going to try the no sweets thing. I seriously am a sweets fanatic, I should probably do the same thing and I would be a lot healthier. I don't have a gym membership, that's why I don't go with Brennen. I'm a total group fitness person, so when you started having to pay extra I didn't renew my membership =(

    ReplyDelete
  4. So I tried that whole don't eat sweets things... lasted about a month for which I am proud of but not any longer! So HARD!

    ReplyDelete