KEVIN
..................
I'm taking back over for Kevin's "fun fact friday" and this is what I'd like y'all to know about him:
Unlike myself,
who can crawl out of bed and immediately start a conversation AND be happy,
Kevin is not a morning kinda guy.
He's quite the opposite actually.
Like,
he can stay up partying till 3am,
go to work at 6:00am,
get off work,
go to school,
come home,
and do it all again.
For weeks at a time.
However,
this crazy schedule usually does lead to a huge crash/nap-time/day when he does nothing but sleep.
He's "catching up" he says.
What's funny is his ability to not speak in the mornings.
I used to think it would be so cute and fun to "get ready" for the day with my significant other,
but I have come to learn Kevin's ways.
The only way I can describe it is like...mm...getting ready next to a zombie.
If it so happens that our schedules allow us to greet each other in the bathroom {in the morning},
I try everything I can to get him to carry on a conversation with me.
I guess I should really say "I've tried everything".
Because now I just like to observe what he does,
and how he does it.
For example:
I notice that he eats breakfast the instant he gets out of bed.
Then he immediately brushes his teeth,
and gets in the shower.
I notice that he gets out of the shower with his hair looking perfect.
It's weird.
{guys have it so good}
I notice that immediately after getting out he wraps a towel around his waist and finishes up his hair with some good ole hairspray.
He sprays once...walks into it.
He sprays twice...walks into it.
I notice that he always puts like 50 strokes of deodorant on.
This is pretty funny to watch.
Haha!
And I notice that after his hair is done {which has taken all of about 3.5 minutes},
he puts on his scrubs and sprays 2 spritz of cologne,
tells me "Bye babe, have a good day, I love you."
And heads to work.
AUDREY
.....................
Did you know...
That I ran away from home once?
Truth peeps.
I don't even remember how old I was...maybe 8 or 9?
It was a Saturday.
My brothers and I were watching the Saturday morning cartoons,
and when we didn't agree on watching the same one,
my dad came in and let my brothers watch the one they wanted too.
At least that's how I remember it.
I was so mad that I couldn't watch my cartoon that I wrote a note and left it on the front door saying that I'd left.
I packed up my Winnie the Pooh backpack,
and started walking.
At the time we lived in a subdivision called Parkside,
so I walked around there for a bit,
and then got to a main road.
My Grandma and Grandpa Huber lived only 4 miles up the road,
so I decided to walk there.
It always took no time in a car.
Well,
let me tell ya:
Four miles is like 50 when you're 9 and are on foot.
Also,
I nearly peed my pants when I had to walk across the overpass on 10 Mile.
The cars were zooming by,
and I remember thinking that I was going to die.
I was shaking so bad.
I remember that when I got to my grandparent's house,
I felt weird ringing the doorbell without my family - because I always came with them.
And when my Grandma answered the door,
that's the first thing she asked:
"Is it just YOU by yourself?!"
So sweet of me to drop by.
My grandma brought me inside and immediately disappeared to the next room where I heard her on the phone:
"Yes, yes, she's here...."
My parents came and got me soon after.
I don't remember what happened after I was brought home.
I imagine I was grounded.
But I do remember that I never wanted to walk that road alone ever again!
That I ran away from home once?
Truth peeps.
I don't even remember how old I was...maybe 8 or 9?
It was a Saturday.
My brothers and I were watching the Saturday morning cartoons,
and when we didn't agree on watching the same one,
my dad came in and let my brothers watch the one they wanted too.
At least that's how I remember it.
I was so mad that I couldn't watch my cartoon that I wrote a note and left it on the front door saying that I'd left.
I packed up my Winnie the Pooh backpack,
and started walking.
At the time we lived in a subdivision called Parkside,
so I walked around there for a bit,
and then got to a main road.
My Grandma and Grandpa Huber lived only 4 miles up the road,
so I decided to walk there.
It always took no time in a car.
Well,
let me tell ya:
Four miles is like 50 when you're 9 and are on foot.
Also,
I nearly peed my pants when I had to walk across the overpass on 10 Mile.
The cars were zooming by,
and I remember thinking that I was going to die.
I was shaking so bad.
I remember that when I got to my grandparent's house,
I felt weird ringing the doorbell without my family - because I always came with them.
And when my Grandma answered the door,
that's the first thing she asked:
"Is it just YOU by yourself?!"
So sweet of me to drop by.
My grandma brought me inside and immediately disappeared to the next room where I heard her on the phone:
"Yes, yes, she's here...."
My parents came and got me soon after.
I don't remember what happened after I was brought home.
I imagine I was grounded.
But I do remember that I never wanted to walk that road alone ever again!
Post a Comment