Enter your keyword

Day 24: "The Wreck"

August 24, 2011

Day 24 - A picture of something you wish you could change.
So again {i feel like i've covered this area lots already},
I don't really want to focus on something that I wish I could change.
There's lots.
I don't wanna talk about it.
What I'd rather talk about is the cool crash Kevin had recently.
{Ha, i am one super sweet wifey, huh? loves babe}
Plus I think it'd be loads more interesting than reading/listening/looking at something about me.
So here we go:

On Tuesday of last week,
Kevin and four of his buddies decided to go mountain biking.
They left mid-afternoon,
and so I was expecting them to be gone until at least 9.
However,
8 o'clock hit and I heard Kevin walking through the back door.
"Oh hey! You're back earlier than I thought!"
"Yea....I had a little accident."
I looked up from the project I was working on and saw:

Photobucket

After being concerned and nervous for a bit,
I couldn't help but laugh and say:
"At least you're not dead!"

Here's what happened {in Kevin's words}:
We were up at Kelly Canyon,
but wanted to ride around Webster's Dam.
The trail going down is fairly steep,
and I got going too fast.
I hit both my breaks to try and slow down,
but then I started feeling my back tire sliding out from under me.
So I let off my breaks...
and that's when my front tire slid into the rut,
and I went flying over my handlebars.
I just remember thinking:
Awe shiz. This is gonna hurt.
And it did.
I skidded across my face and somehow managed to tear a hole in the front AND back of my shirt.
My favorite Jeter shirt too!


Photobucket

Scenes from the wreckage at the site:
{via Kevin's iphone}

Photobucket


Photobucket

He's already almost 100% better now,
but the first day or so after was not so fun for him because everything hurt him.
His right hand got the worst of it.
It's still all covered with scabs up and down.
Sick.
And he even thought he broke it because he couldn't open/move his hand for a few days after.

Anyways,
Anyone else have a sweet wreckage story to tell?

2 comments

  1. you'll have to ask nate about the time he almost died...the two times he almost died actually.

    when i was 13 i was on one of those razor scooters and tried to do a cool trick and ended up stabbing myself in the stomach with the handle bars. almost punctured my liver and threw up blood a few times...it was pretty extreme.

    ReplyDelete
  2. pooor kevin! looks like it hurt. BUT I couldn't help but laugh when I read the part "awe shiz" hahaha Chris and I say that word all the time but it looked funnier on here!

    ReplyDelete