Enter your keyword

Mountain Biking

August 9, 2011

Kevin works with this kid named Lloyd.
Josh Lloyd.
And Josh is this rediculous biking maniac.
His adorable wife is Megan,
and yesterday they invited us to go MOUNTAIN BIKING for F.H.E.!

Photobucket

We loaded up the bikes after work and drove up to Harriman State Park!

Photobucket

Photobucket
Here we are ready to rock n' roll!
I have to tell you:
I was scared out of my mind to do this.
Haha.
Pretty wimpy right?
As we rode on and on,
things got easier.
But SHEESH!
I never thought it would be so hard to keep my bike on one little dirt trail!
Mountain biking is NOT easy,
and definitely was a workout!
Photobucket

This was my first time going up to Harriman and I LOVED it!
We were nervous that it would start pouring...
{you know, because that's what it's been doing all week come 5 o'clock.}
... but it DIDN'T!
There was a light rain for a few minute,
but other than that the weather was perfect.
We rode past two lakes,
and everything looked beautiful.


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I didn't even know Kevin took some of these.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

The guys were such troopers while we took,
and retook these pictures!

Photobucket


Thanks Lloyds for showing us a fun new activity!

Photobucket

5 comments

  1. Harriman is awesome huh? We had cross country races there in high school, all through it. It's so pretty. That was the first race i puked. :) I bet it was way fun to bike through. I'm jealous! I love mountain biking. Just don't do what I did my first time going (on a date), I used my front brakes going down a hill (cuz at the time I don't think i even knew there was back brakes and front brakes) and I flew over my handle bars and rolled quite a ways down the mountain. Yep, felt pretty awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks fun! I haven't mountain biked since I was a small child, I'm sure it was not that intense haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. we love going to Island Park for camping. its so pretty up there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So fun! Perfect summer adventure:-) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love, love Harriman. I rode horses there once while at Ricks and x-country skied there a few times in the winters after I met my husband.

    ReplyDelete