Day 27 - A picture of yourself and a family member.
Or how about all of my family members!
If you hadn't heard,
my brother Alden got home from his mission last weekend!
So we went to visit the FAM.
It was so fun beeing able to all be together after 2 years.
Kevin and I got into Meridian Thursday night,
just in time for dinner.
Then because it was so nice outside,
we all went out and played some volleyball!
Friday morning,
my brothers and I went to a nearby track and field,
where Alden showed Jaron and I some new workouts.
They kicked my bum.
{p.s. hopefully he won't kill me for mentioning this, but Alden lost 40 lbs while on his mish, thanks to some crazy workout-maniac driven companions! we were all very impressed}
The rest of the day was pretty chill.


Of course Tank had a blast running free around the yard.
He always loves following Tashi around.
She, of course, hates it.
And tries biting him every chance she gets.
Thus the above pic:
Tank was too close for her liking,
so she lashed out right when the timer went off!
Of course Tank had a blast running free around the yard.
He always loves following Tashi around.
She, of course, hates it.
And tries biting him every chance she gets.
Thus the above pic:
Tank was too close for her liking,
so she lashed out right when the timer went off!
At 6 we went over to G&G Simmons for a delicious dinner.


It was SO FUN to sit down and talk to them!

This house has always been GREEN growing up,
and just recently they painted it YELLOW.



{i just had to share these pictures of Grandma and Grandpa. weren't they the cutest lovebirds?}
It was SO FUN to sit down and talk to them!
This house has always been GREEN growing up,
and just recently they painted it YELLOW.
Also,
see this little doorbell thingy?
Yea.
It's a doorbell/buzzer alright,
and it rings downstairs.
It's been there for as long as I can remember.
It used to be my Grandma's way of calling her kids upstairs,
without having to yell across the house.
I always thought it was so cool.
Another thing I love is seeing Grandpa's mules.
My grandpa has had horses and mules all throughout my life,
but he is partial to the mules.
He grew up with them, and he loves them.
The girls were entertained by the mules,
while the guys got the trailer hooked up to load hay in the morning.
Bright and early Saturday morning,
the guys helped Grandpa Simmons load hay for the mules.

{left to right: Jaron, Landon, Cameron, Connor, Alden, Kevin, Alair}

The Lamberts got in at 2am that morning,
so they sure had a fun time getting up to do this!
Haha!
{left to right: Jaron, Landon, Cameron, Connor, Alden, Kevin, Alair}
The Lamberts got in at 2am that morning,
so they sure had a fun time getting up to do this!
Haha!
Alair and I drove over when they finished {hehe!} and we all had a yummy breakfast prepared by Grandma.
Then Grandpa took Alair, Kevin, and I out to the Eagle foothills to ride around!
I loved seeing Kevin learning from Grandpa!
Getting the mules ready to go...
Alair is like a little horse/mule pro.
Over the summer/past year she rides 2-3 times a week with Grandpa,
and he's taught her a lot!
It was a BLAST!
We got home around noon,
and the girls went shopping...
while the guys played soccer and basketball at the church!
That night we hung out,
watched a movie,
and Alden invited friends over.
Sunday Alden gave his homecoming talk,
and Jaron gave his farewell talk.

It was bittersweet.
I'm so excited for both of them,
and all the new steps they are taking in their lives.
After church we had lots of friends and family over for food!
I loved seeing people I hadn't in years!



{right to left: Serena and Kody Averett, Alden, Lane Sawyer, Rob Austin, Jackie Koyle}
I also managed to get a lot of the Huber-side girls together for a picture:

{top row: Sabrina, Jesse, Alair.
couch/middle row: Taylia, Melody, ReAnn, Rachelle, Andrea, Marie, Audrey
floor/bottom row: Alexis, Katie, Emily, Elise, Hannah, Leanna
missing girls: Kiya, Camry, Julia, Aubrey, Anna, and Lilly!}


{Taylia, Melody, ReAnn}

♥ my bros

Kevin was super happy when my mom suprised him with his own bag of MANGOS!!

It was a fun filled weekend,
and we're happy to be home and safe now!
watched a movie,
and Alden invited friends over.
Sunday Alden gave his homecoming talk,
and Jaron gave his farewell talk.
It was bittersweet.
I'm so excited for both of them,
and all the new steps they are taking in their lives.
After church we had lots of friends and family over for food!
I loved seeing people I hadn't in years!
{right to left: Serena and Kody Averett, Alden, Lane Sawyer, Rob Austin, Jackie Koyle}
I also managed to get a lot of the Huber-side girls together for a picture:
{top row: Sabrina, Jesse, Alair.
couch/middle row: Taylia, Melody, ReAnn, Rachelle, Andrea, Marie, Audrey
floor/bottom row: Alexis, Katie, Emily, Elise, Hannah, Leanna
missing girls: Kiya, Camry, Julia, Aubrey, Anna, and Lilly!}
{Taylia, Melody, ReAnn}
♥ my bros
Kevin was super happy when my mom suprised him with his own bag of MANGOS!!
It was a fun filled weekend,
and we're happy to be home and safe now!
Of course I LOVE this post! Thanks for the run-down!! Alden looks awesome and I'm so glad you guys had fun all together! Sad we missed the party!
ReplyDeleteGreat post Audrey! How awesome for your family to be together for a while!! Brought a little tear to my eye :) Everytime I see a photo of Alden I'm amazed at how much he looks Lane....more so than ever.
ReplyDeleteFun fun fun! I loved reading this post! I love great weekends such as this! Congratulations to both your brothers!
ReplyDelete