Yesterday started out like any other.
Bronx woke up around 7,
he watched his Baby Einsteins,
I ate my bowl of cereal,
we snuggled for a while,
I took Tank out,
I took Tank out,
I did my Insanity workout,
Bronx watched and laughed,
and then I went to take a shower.
(yikes-sorry about the unfocused pic!)
I always bring these two into the bathroom with me when I shower,
so I can hear both of them and know exactly what they are doing.
They also make great conversation...okay so the conversation is mostly one-sided with some bubble-blowing and "Ah!"s thrown in from Bronx.
Anyways,
I got ready and jumped in the shower.
I talked and sang to them and Bronx would squeal back.
Right before I got out I noticed it had gotten quiet and I thought:
"Awe he fell asleep."
He usually will do this because (i think) the hum of the fan and heat lights lulls him to sleep.
I opened the shower door to grab my towel and saw this:

The first thought through my head was:
"WHERE THE FREAK IS MY BABY?! OH MY GOSH TANK MUST'VE DRAGGED HIM OFF SOMEWHERE!!"
Sheer panic set in,
and I bolted out the bathroom door into the living room calling out "TANK! BRONX! TANK! BRO-"
I turned the corner and got a pleasant surprise,
and let out a HUGE sigh of relief.
There stood Kevin in the living room with Bronx in his arms.
The sneaky sucker.
He wanted to surprise us by getting off early!
Because we don't get to go to Utah and spend Thanksgiving with the Fullers(work+$$$=hard to travel),
we were invited to a couple different Thanksgiving dinners(which was super nice-thank you everyone!) here from friends and family and ward members.
We decided we wanted to just be by ourselves this year,
and instead of just having Wednesday and Thursday off,
Kevin got off most of the day Tuesday too!
Anyways,
so there I stood in my towel just happy to see that the dog had not ran off with my child.
I really should have more faith in him.
HA.
What did we do yesterday?

Why,
our holiday grocery shopping of course.
We each only called our moms like four times to make sure we got everything that we absolutely needed.
I feel pretty legit with my new silicone baking brush.
All ready to tackle those yummy rolls with butter as soon as they come out of the oven!
In all seriousness though,
I am going to make our first thanksgiving...everything.
ME.
Here's the list I made of everything we want to have tomorrow:

I've already started making some of the deliciousness today,
so that tomorrow won't be a nightmare.
Except I really haven't made the stuffing yet-I got a little excited to check something off,
and that happened to be at the top...right now I'm finishing the pumpkin cake roll.
Here are some pics from yesterday as well:


And along with napping,
we looked at flash cards:
Today Kevin started our fire!

It feels a zillion times cozier when that is going.
I will leave you with this pic:

Bronx has started pulling every blanket over his head.
It's kinda hilarious,
but I get anxious whenever I go into his room at night and see him like this!
(I have to strategically place his blankets so that he can't do it)
They also make great conversation...okay so the conversation is mostly one-sided with some bubble-blowing and "Ah!"s thrown in from Bronx.
Anyways,
I got ready and jumped in the shower.
I talked and sang to them and Bronx would squeal back.
Right before I got out I noticed it had gotten quiet and I thought:
"Awe he fell asleep."
He usually will do this because (i think) the hum of the fan and heat lights lulls him to sleep.
I opened the shower door to grab my towel and saw this:
The first thought through my head was:
"WHERE THE FREAK IS MY BABY?! OH MY GOSH TANK MUST'VE DRAGGED HIM OFF SOMEWHERE!!"
Sheer panic set in,
and I bolted out the bathroom door into the living room calling out "TANK! BRONX! TANK! BRO-"
I turned the corner and got a pleasant surprise,
and let out a HUGE sigh of relief.
There stood Kevin in the living room with Bronx in his arms.
The sneaky sucker.
He wanted to surprise us by getting off early!
Because we don't get to go to Utah and spend Thanksgiving with the Fullers(work+$$$=hard to travel),
we were invited to a couple different Thanksgiving dinners(which was super nice-thank you everyone!) here from friends and family and ward members.
We decided we wanted to just be by ourselves this year,
and instead of just having Wednesday and Thursday off,
Kevin got off most of the day Tuesday too!
Anyways,
so there I stood in my towel just happy to see that the dog had not ran off with my child.
I really should have more faith in him.
HA.
What did we do yesterday?
Why,
our holiday grocery shopping of course.
We each only called our moms like four times to make sure we got everything that we absolutely needed.
All ready to tackle those yummy rolls with butter as soon as they come out of the oven!
In all seriousness though,
I am going to make our first thanksgiving...everything.
ME.
Here's the list I made of everything we want to have tomorrow:
I've already started making some of the deliciousness today,
so that tomorrow won't be a nightmare.
Except I really haven't made the stuffing yet-I got a little excited to check something off,
and that happened to be at the top...right now I'm finishing the pumpkin cake roll.
Here are some pics from yesterday as well:
And along with napping,
we looked at flash cards:
It feels a zillion times cozier when that is going.
I will leave you with this pic:
Bronx has started pulling every blanket over his head.
It's kinda hilarious,
but I get anxious whenever I go into his room at night and see him like this!
(I have to strategically place his blankets so that he can't do it)
I literally busted out laughing about the bathroom thing... I freak out when the dog and Viv are quiet but feel relieved when I see that she's busy trying to pet him and he's layin there licking her feet.
ReplyDeleteHahaha! That's scary and funny that Bronx just disappeared! "WHERE THE FREAK IS MY BABY?!" That made me laugh out loud. And you are AMAZING for cooking all of Thanksgiving by yourself. It is going to be incredible, and I hope you have an awesome day. I love you, Kevin, Bronx, and even little Tank! I'm grateful for all of you. Happy Thanksgiving!
ReplyDelete