Enter your keyword

The Car Crash

November 4, 2013

Alright,
the title sounds a lot more devastating than it actually was.
But at the time it happened, the world could have been ending for all i cared.
Oh,
and let me tell you the two most important facts you should know:
1. no one was hurt (thank goodness)
2. it was not my fault (this made Kevin happy)


Kevin has been going back and forth with which vehicle he takes to work.
Some days he'll take the car,
other days the truck.
This day,
he took the car.
(this was blessing #1 in disguise)
I even remember asking him that morning,
why he doesn't just pick one and stick with it so we don't have to keep moving the carseat?

Bronx and I loaded up after seeing him drive off,
and we headed to Zumba.
Then we headed to Walmart for diapers.
(those stinking diapers - i wish i had just waited to get them!)
It was a fast trip and I was so happy to be heading home to make Bronx's nap time.

So I'm driving down the road,
it's not horribly crowded because it's mid-morning,
but there's still a lot of cars on this road.
It's a 4 lane road with a big median in the middle.
All of a sudden the car in front of me screeches to a stop to let a person cross.
THIS IS NOT EVEN A CROSSWALK OR ANYTHING PEOPLE.
This car just stops.
On a freaking 4 lane road!
Speed limit = 45mph.
Cars are still flying by in the other lane!
Luckily (with my great driving skills, haha) i am paying attention and stop behind this idiot.
Immediately I get a sick feeling in my stomach,
look in my rear-view mirror,
and watch as the car (well, it was actually a mini truck) behind me tries to break in time,
but slides and slams right into us.
I'm actually surprised the car behind him didn't hit us too,
the way the idiot in front of me just stopped like that!
Seriously.
There was a loud crunching noise,
and I remember movement/being shifted forward,
and then Bronx started crying.
It was the worst feeling.
I just remember thinking:
"What? This is not happening. Why did that idot stop!!!???"
I got out and got Bronx out (he was fine, just scared from the noise i think),
and went to see the damage.

The other guys vehicle:


Behind him on the road (all his parts, none of ours):


The truck:



I was freaking out because this was Kevin's brand new truck.
Like, new new.
And I was so scared to see what had happened to it.
I felt a little better after seeing the damage (to our vehicle obviously-i felt real bad for the other guy's car),
because it looks like "nothing" with just the bumper tilted.
It was also right about now that I was so so SO grateful to have been driving this beast,
because....well,
I don't want to think about what would have happened, had we been in our Acura.
The police came,
the other guy had insurance (whew),
and we went on our merry way.

I have been a paranoid freak about driving since then,
and ONLY want to drive the truck.
I think I'm terrified of small cars now.
What's ironic,
is that literally 2 days before this accident,
Kevin said to me:
"You need to drive safe and watch out for the other drivers on the road. There are really crappy drivers here, I swear I pass 3 accidents on my way to work every morning."

Today I dropped off the truck at the body shop,
and picked up our rental car.
When asked if i wanted a small car or van,
guess what i took?
The van.
hahahahahaha
Those of you that know Kevin will know this is funny.
(those that don't - he would never buy this for us, or be caught dead driving one!)


Bronx obviously loves it.
And I feel safe in it.
So that's all that matters.
 Don't know if I should admit it,
but I even listened to AM radio, Rush Limbaugh on the way home.
...mini van and AM radio...
Oh my gosh I am turning into my mom!

3 comments

  1. Oh my gosh so glad you guys are okay. That is sooo scary! I love the mini van and kinda secretly wish Dan would buy one for me although I think he is the same as Kevin. Mini vans are just so convenient! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I'm glad you guys are alright. I have had that happen to me in Colorado. Stupid drivers and even more are the people thinking its a good idea to go across a road where there is no crosswalk. I get made in Rexburg every day when some student just walks or runs out not at a cross walk. anyways I'm glad your ok. I swore too I would never get a van but I'll be getting one next year. I"m actually surprised how excited I am for a van. Hope everything turns out ok.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh dang! Did you ever find out why that guy stopped in the first place? Was the guy behind you okay, that looked pretty rough! Dude, I never want a mini van, but they have some serious power I think!! haHAha! Glad everyone is okay!

    ReplyDelete