Enter your keyword

Awkward and Awesome

March 22, 2012

Awkward is....
  • Trying to cut lettuce with a fork.
  • Enthusiastically starting a conversation with someone who you think you know/recognize....except it is not. And the one-sided convo goes something like: "Oh, eh, so you look like this friend I have..."
  • The fact that pregnancy has made my bodily functions a little um, "un-feminine" like. Seriously.
  • Having a little boy poke his head over the receptionist counter at work and state, matter-of-factly, that: "My mom's tummy is fat!". All the while the mom is right in front of you signing in.....oh dear.
  • Asking a girl if she is over 18 without waiting for a response and promptly asking the guy next to her: "Are you her dad?"...Only to shamefully find out that he is, in fact, her husband. And then I hurried and tried to cover my tracks by saying to the girl: "Oh! I'm so sorry! That was most definitely a compliment to you!" heheh. We'll just forget that little part about me calling your hubby "old-looking" shall we?


Awesome is....
  • Preparing for conference by reading my eternal marriage manual.
  • Kevin: "Getting you to play three rounds of MW3 with me!"....oh yes, I sure did....and then was done. :)
  • That I feel like we are getting a "true SPRING" here in the Burg, and it is SUPER DUPER!
  • Going out with the hubby.
  • Glitter toes. glitter toes. glitter toes. They are just so stinking cute!
  • Kevin: "Me waxing my car in 68 degree weather."
  • Kevin: "Our new car!". {yes, that post coming soon....}

2 comments

  1. Oh man, that reminds me. There are these 2 women in our stake that look SO much alike--except one is taller (but hard to remember that if they're not together). Not related to each other at all. Anyway, I met one of them at a little preschool class, then ran into her again (or so I thought) at the library a few months later. So I was so enthusiastic saying hi, and "could you remind me of your name again," etc., and this poor lady was sort of stuttering and backing away, and yeah, basically, it was the other one. Who no doubt now thinks I'm a total freak! Ah well. Live and learn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i would like to know the story behind cutting lettuce with a fork lol!

    ReplyDelete