The long-awaited book-turned-movie:
The Hunger Games.
We called the theater here in Rexburg around 6:30 Friday evening because we were trying to think of things to do.
They had showings going about every half hour it seemed,
so we were sure that we could get into one of them.
Nope.
Sold out.
I know it was only the day after-I guess I didn't realize it was going to be such a hit.
I then called down to the Edwards in I.F.
The guy I talked to said that there was about half of the 9:45 showing left,
and that's about it.
If we wanted tickets,
he highly suggested that we jump on fandango.com and get them before 7.
They were selling like hot cakes.
They had showings going about every half hour it seemed,
so we were sure that we could get into one of them.
Nope.
Sold out.
I know it was only the day after-I guess I didn't realize it was going to be such a hit.
I then called down to the Edwards in I.F.
The guy I talked to said that there was about half of the 9:45 showing left,
and that's about it.
If we wanted tickets,
he highly suggested that we jump on fandango.com and get them before 7.
They were selling like hot cakes.
We got 'em and invited Dave and Alix to come with.
Usually {for some weird reason} we have a hard time leaving on time/being early,
but I really wanted to be early this time and get good seats,
so we left the Burg at 8.
This is what we saw when we pulled up at 8:25:
Yikes!
Glad we came when we did.
But the line is actually deceiving.
Every showing had to wait outside until they were called in.
So there were 9 o'clockers, 9:30ers, 9:45ers, 10:10ers, and they even opened up a 10:45 because so many people were calling about it!
As each showing got to go in,
the ushers would divide down the lines:
9 o'clockers in this line...everyone else in this line.
When our 9:45 line actually got split we were right at the front!
And the sweet part about all this standing outside-ness was that
1. the weather was nice and NOT cold.
and
My {quick} thoughts on the movie:
- man, it's just not as good as the book
- i feel like it followed the story really well-it's just hard to portray thoughts through acting. and yea, i realized before going into it that some stuff was going to have to get cut. it's just what happens
- the acting was excellent
- am i a little frustrated about the height issue on Peeta. oh well.
It was a great movie,
and I totally recommend seeing it on the big screen.
I think I'm more excited about the fact that Kevin actually wants to read the second book just because of how much he liked the movie {and has heard how awesome the second one is}.
I can't believe how many people were there! I thought Jaxon was going to have a greatest freakout moment when he saw the line haha.
ReplyDeleteYour baby bump is WAY cuter. like. . . way cuter.
Totally agreed on all the movie thoughts. Peeta totally has a height issue. And I think him and Katniss might have a chemistry issue too. Oh well. Still good!