Enter your keyword

A Trip to Utah and Back

March 26, 2012

To make a long story shorter,
three fridays ago Kevin drove down to I.F....and ended up getting towed home by a friend.
Needless to say he was fed up and beyond ticked with our Beamer
{It worked like a charm before we hit that dang coyote},
so he did what he does best: he immediately started looking for a new car.
The next 4 days he was on Craigslist and KSL nonstop.
Pretty sure he averaged about 1.5 hours of sleep between all four days.
He's crazy.
I would try to stay up talking to him on our guest bed next to the computer,
but more often then not I would fall asleep and then wake up at 3am to him still searching.
Finally,
on Wednesday of the next week I got a text from him while at work,
that said he had found what he was looking for.
Hoorah!
And lucky me,
it just so happened to fit my only "requested criteria"; it was black!
Wednesday and Thursday Kevin was so excited about getting his new car,
he still barely slept.
We set out at 6am Friday morning to Utah.
Kevin wanted to pick it up first thing when the dealer opened{9:30},
and we were spot on.
The dealer was in downtown Salt Lake,
and the area was definitely ghetto.
However,
when they unlocked the gate for us,
and we walked onto the lot,
and they opened their garage,
it felt like we had walked onto a set of the Fast and the Furious.
Our car was the cheapest thing on the lot!
Haha!
Good grief.
There were Ferrari's, Porsches, Lancer Evos, and BMWs {yes, Kevin had to remind me of all their names}.
But that's beside the point.

Here is our new car!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

It's an Acura TL type S, 2008.
I was just was happy it was black-I like that color for a car.
Oh,
and I do like the tires because they look sweet....Kevin told me they are 20" rims.

From Salt Lake we continued driving down and stopped by Alden's apartment.

Photobucket

The weather was gorgeous and put us in an even happier mood!

Photobucket

That was fun to see him,
even if it was quick.
We continued to Josh and Ang's {where we stayed the rest of the weekend}.

Photobucket

Photobucket
Did I mention that Josh also purchased the same car a couple days earlier?
The guys loooooved looking at their "sexy machines".
They also loved washing and waxing them.
Silly boys.
Kevin is still so excited/happy/loving his new ride.
Now let's hope we don't hit any coyotes or deer ever again.

................

Even though getting the Acura was the highlight of our trip,
Kevin and I had a blast with the Davis fam.
We went to Barry's {Kevin's favorite "mom&pop" joint}:

Photobucket

It was my first time and not a dissapointment.


This video is of Mag and me trying to get him to name all his planets.
He totally knows them backwards and forwards and can tell you basically anything about each one.
But you know how intimidating that camera can be...




Mag was my little sidekick the whole time.
I totally forgot it was St. Patrick's Day on Saturday and got lots of pinches for not wearing green.
Mag let me paint 2 lucky clovers on his cheeks-look at that cutie!
We also stayed up late talking,
watched a movie,
and had a dance party!
Dustin, Athen, Brientz, and Brityn were able to come and hang out with us Saturday night,
but we missed Alissa and Dres who had to be at a Miss Lindon Pageant.
Here are some of the dances that Kevin and I captured on our phones.
The kids were hilarious to watch and they all ROCKED!!
We sure love our neices and nephews!











And as if you haven't seen enough of our new car,
here are some more pics from the drive home.
For your viewing pleasure:


p.s.
I made it the WHOLE WAY without having to stop for a pee break once.
Epic.

3 comments

  1. You guys have quite the luck with cars! That's for sure! Its a nice car tho!! I like black too! Ours are dark green! Hahaha sweet videos! Looks like fuuuuun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I'm so glad you posted all this Audrey! Your guys's new car looks sweet. I can only imagine how Bud has been since he started looking for a new car, and then now that he has it. HAHA I can see it all. That picture of Bud and Josh is priceless cuz that's exactly what I'd picture if you just told me that they both just got a new car(the same kind none the less) and they were together. ALso, I loved seeing all the videos of everyone! Dang, I miss you all tons! P.S. Your little preggo belly is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Audrey,

    Haha, I loved all the pics. For everyone else to know, the whole weekend was spent staring at the cars. Josh was helping someone move and Bud had to just go sit in his car. Torchies! Thanks for posting the videos of my kids. That was way fun. I loved it and I still love watching them, even though I see it everyday. Thanks for coming to visit!

    ReplyDelete