Enter your keyword

The Bed Situation

June 14, 2012

Photobucket

I saw this little illustration on a friend's blog and had to bring it over here.
This is totally me to a T right now....and I'm sure Kevin would tell you that it's actually me ALL the time.
But seriously.
Good freeeeeaak.
Sleeping has become a thing of the past.
I try everything I can to make myself more tired like:
staying up later with Kevin to watch more "Boy Meets World" episodes,
reading a book,
walking/standing more before bedtime,
taking a bath,
and drinking warm milk {yes, i've totally tried this and DON'T recommend it!}.
What's a pregnant girl to do?!
I toss and turn and grunt and whine and kick the covers off and try to re-"fluff" my pillow.
Twice already this week Kevin has had to go lay on the couch to get a decent night's sleep.
Poor guy.
I miss the days when I was a-okay with sleeping on the floor or couch.
Now I don't even try because I know I can't,
or if I do happen to miraculously fall asleep there,
I wake up with THE WORST pain in my joints.
Fun times.
{not}
Also,
when I do luck out and fall asleep semi-comfortably in bed,
my body has been waking me up at 5:30 or 6 on the dot....not to mention the other three trillion times I get up to pee anyways.

I am trying to look on the "bright" side by telling myself that this really is just my body's way of saying:
"Whelp, you're not gonna sleep very much or well when the little dude gets here anyways,
so we might as well start breaking you in now! Muahahaha!"

...yeah...it doesn't really help.

4 comments

  1. I'm sorry that is happening to you. The only thing that worked for me was a pillow in between my legs in a specific position. Then w Ethan I actually had a heating pad which worked with him and this one. I know your thinking its bad for the baby but if you put it up from the bottom of your shoulder blades and the top of your neck. It helps a lot because that is where my chiropractor says that you carry a lot of your stress. try it might help The heating pad also helps a lot after your delivery. It makes your body relax I put it on the lowest setting and it does just the trick. sorry for the long comment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That heating pad sounds nice! I'm totally trying it! :) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I swear by my total body 'pregnancy pillow' I got from Babies R Us. I like to think I never had problems sleeping because of it (besides the inevitable bathroom breaks and only sleeping on your side). The moment I made a comment to Chris about being the slightest bit uncomfortable he made me go get one. I was hesitant because of the cost but he made a valid point that this was just my first pregnancy so I will be using it again and I spend a large part of my day/night sleeping, everyday, so it is worth the money. It made sleeping so much more comfortable to me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That picture is great! haha I was so like that! I'm sorry you're having trouble sleeping. I remember the last few months being the worst as far as sleeping! I don't know if you have one already or not, but Mike went out and bought me a big body pillow and that really helped me get more comfortable! You're looking so cute by the way!

    ReplyDelete