We finally,
actually,
totally did it.
We MOVED!
Out of the Rexburg bubble........................and into the Utah one.
haha {no offense to anyone please}
And MAN does it feel GOOOOOOOOOOD!
There were so many factors into why we moved,
but the main ones were:
- Kevin's school {ITECH} changed their program so he'd have to wait another year just to apply
- We were both sick of his work
- We were both sick of Rexburg
April 5th was a life changing day.
Kevin quit his job at the plasma center,
and headed down to Utah to find a new job.
We have always talked about living down here.
We love the weather,
that the location is more central to other stuff,
that there are super Walmarts and Targets {okay that's mostly mine},
that there are awesome MOUNTAINS all around us,
and that there is family {both his and mine} living in all areas down here.
In general there is just more to do and see,
and we LOVE that!
Don't get me wrong though.
Kevin and I will always have a special place in our hearts for dear 'ole Rexburg,
but we did not belong there.
Even though we talked about this big change,
and prayed about it....and then prayed and talked some more....it was definitely terrifying not knowing or having a definite "plan".
The problems being:
- We owned our townhome
- After Kevin quit, we still needed a reliable income to pay for said townhome
This left me to keep working up in Rexburg,
while Kevin left to find a new job.
A HUGE THANKS to Josh Davis {bro-in-law} for giving Kevin work during those weeks when we didn't know WHAT was going to happen!
And to Dustin and Alissa for letting Kevin sleep in their basement!
Life really stinks when you aren't around your honey buns.
I seriously have a greater appreciation for all those wives out there who do it.
How in the heck.
So Kevin would be gone during the week and come back on the weekends.
I know-oh I am SUCH a baby.
But it was seriously torch.
What saved me from going crazy {in my opinion} was Tank and this little baby inside me.
I talked to them all day long.
Meanwhile,
Kevin would help Josh with some jobs,
and then go job hunting.
I think he literally filled out 100 job applications and turned in 500 resumes.
......
I just need to pause here and brag about my hubby for a sec.
WOW!
He is soooooo not a slacker.
He was on top of EVERYTHING {he was still finishing 2 online classes at the time} while he was gone.
He kept a positive attitude.
And he kept on keepin' on.
......
There were multiple prospects and offers,
and at one time he even had 2 jobs he was hired for....but one {Ebay} didn't start until June 1st,
and the other was more of a part-time gig {traveling phelbotomist}.
And it was still only April.
That left us with a whole month of no income on his end,
and we just didn't feel totally "great" about it.
Then one of our friends {Tyler Campbell} told him he would try and line up an interview at where he worked....but in a sister store in Utah.
Less than a week later Kevin had the interview...and was hired on the spot!
It felt like a little miracle.
Better atmosphere,
better pay,
perfect location!
That was friday and he started his rigorous training Monday-Friday 9-7....for two weeks.
Haha,
it was tough but paid for!
And what was I doing at the time?
Well,
still working.
But every day off and every spare minute was spent staring at this dang computer screen searching for a place for us to live.
I'd email, text, and call a bazillion homeowners or realtors and line up appointments for Kevin after work so that he could go check 'em out.
{so yeah, Kevin's days were torch because he was 9-7, and then from 7-9 and sometimes even as late as 10pm he would be out driving from place to place going to all these appointments. He was a TROOPER!}
Kevin was also doing the same thing when he could get a spare second.
One morning I woke up to a picture text from him and a message that said:
I haven't even gone to bed yet. This is what I've been doing:
If you can't tell,
those are apartments/condos/townhomes/houses that he found online and wrote down in order to go see them without wasting gas.
It was 6:15am.
HE IS CRAZY!
{but yet again, here's another example of his determined-ness to find us a place to live!}
And good thing we both have the same taste - so I trusted him completely.
He would send me videos and pictures of each place,
but the final decision was his because he had a better "feel" for it.
Here is a sample of one of my scribbled notes as well:
Oh my gosh.
I need to say now,
that after searching for decent places in Utah verses Idaho....I feel we have been VERY spoiled price-wise.
Utah is EXPENSIVE.
A place that is the size of our townhome {1250sqft} is on average $200-300 MORE!!
Yikes. Seriously....yikes.
There were a couple "key" things that we wanted to have in our new place:
- pet-friendly {no, we were not about to give up Tank!}
- washer and dryer in unit {because we were leaving ours in our townhome for renters}
- 3 bedroom {i was REALLY pushing for this because I wanted baby B to have his own room}
- covered parking {and this one was mostly Kevin's...you know him and his cars...}
- oh, and most importantly....a good price!
After weeks of searching,
we FINALLY found a place we loved that fit the bill.
It's a cute condo located about 15min. from Kevin's work.
Nope,
we hadn't even found renters for our townhome yet.
...to be continued...
{and don't worry, more pictures to come in the next post!}
{and don't worry, more pictures to come in the next post!}
Post a Comment