My brother, Jaron, is in Argentina right now,
and I am always happy when I get to read his emails.
In his most recent one,
he spoke about the power of prayer,
and how important it is that each one of us does it daily.
I'd like to share:
I'd like to share:
..."Also, the importance of prayer, and how Satan is continually
attacking, and trying to destroy our communication system with God.
Prayer is how we communicate personally with our Heavenly Father. We
should never underestimate the importance of a prayer. In any war, one
of the main strategies, is to disconnect the communications system. In
the war against evil that is exactly what Satan is trying to do, cut
our communications system with our Heavenly Father. In my mission, I
see it all the time. When ever I meet a less active or inactive member
one of the first questions is, how are your prayers? One of the
first things to go when someone inactivates, is prayer. Always. If
we are not communicating with our Heavenly Father, how do we expect to
receive revelation. Prayer is how we communicate with our Father in
Heaven."...
attacking, and trying to destroy our communication system with God.
Prayer is how we communicate personally with our Heavenly Father. We
should never underestimate the importance of a prayer. In any war, one
of the main strategies, is to disconnect the communications system. In
the war against evil that is exactly what Satan is trying to do, cut
our communications system with our Heavenly Father. In my mission, I
see it all the time. When ever I meet a less active or inactive member
one of the first questions is, how are your prayers? One of the
first things to go when someone inactivates, is prayer. Always. If
we are not communicating with our Heavenly Father, how do we expect to
receive revelation. Prayer is how we communicate with our Father in
Heaven."...
I can't believe this is my goofy little brother writing!
Really,
I don't know why I'm sharing this right now.
Probably because I've had a huge personal growing experience with this exact thing lately.
I've been taught it from before I was even a Sunbeam:
"Say your prayers, Audrey."
There was a period in my life when I let this basic necessity slip.
And when that happened,
so did a lot of other basic things-the things upon which my testimony was based.
So what happened?
Of course my testimony became diminished,
and I fell fast and I fell hard.
The Adversary laughs and loves when these things happen to us,
for it takes us away from our Father in Heaven.
The exact opposite of what I want.
I am far from perfect,
and I thank goodness every day for a beyond patient and loving husband and Savior;
I know I am on the right track now.
When I get up in the mornings,
this hymn pops into my head and is what reminds me to get on my knees:
#140; Did You Think To Pray?
When sore trials came upon you,
Did you think to pray?
When your soul was full of sorrow,
Balm of Gilead did you borrow
at the gates of day?
Oh how praying rests the weary!
Prayer will change the night to day.
So,
when life gets dark and dreary,
don't forget to pray.
Really,
I don't know why I'm sharing this right now.
Probably because I've had a huge personal growing experience with this exact thing lately.
I've been taught it from before I was even a Sunbeam:
"Say your prayers, Audrey."
There was a period in my life when I let this basic necessity slip.
And when that happened,
so did a lot of other basic things-the things upon which my testimony was based.
So what happened?
Of course my testimony became diminished,
and I fell fast and I fell hard.
The Adversary laughs and loves when these things happen to us,
for it takes us away from our Father in Heaven.
The exact opposite of what I want.
I am far from perfect,
and I thank goodness every day for a beyond patient and loving husband and Savior;
I know I am on the right track now.
When I get up in the mornings,
this hymn pops into my head and is what reminds me to get on my knees:
#140; Did You Think To Pray?
When sore trials came upon you,
Did you think to pray?
When your soul was full of sorrow,
Balm of Gilead did you borrow
at the gates of day?
Oh how praying rests the weary!
Prayer will change the night to day.
So,
when life gets dark and dreary,
don't forget to pray.
Post a Comment