Enter your keyword

Hunter's Ed: 101

September 14, 2010

Oh yes, you read that correctly.
My husband has indeed convinced me to take Hunter's Ed with him.
Some of Kevin's friends thought he was silly for signing me up.
...like I can't shoot a rabbit or something....
psh.
Laugh all you want now, but just wait until I show my victory kill in a few weeks.


As for the class that's twice a week...
Why did you have to land on the two best nights of the week?
I mean, you could have been scheduled for any of the other four nights available.
Any night but my precious Friday and Saturdays.
And why two hours long?
kill. me. slowly. sideways.



I'd have to say your saving grace has been your three instructors.
If that's what you call someone who teaches with huge gaps of silence,
tries to summarize from the book,
and then gives up and just reads directly from it.
Seriously.
It's also a plus that all three instructors wear their flourescent orange hats
and sport an earring in their left ear.
[not even kidding]

Another thing:
I'm not a fan of the overwhelming stench of Body Oder in the room.
The first time I wallked in, I walked right back out.
And wanted to barf and take a long hot shower.
I actually try to sit with my hands resting on my chin so that I can just smell my lotion.
Yes, it truly is that sick of a smell.
(Kevin totally agrees, so I'm not just being a wuss)

Good thing Kevin is there to help me stay focused when I get distracted by doodling. It's fun to have a pal to laugh at the rediculous comments made by all the 13-year-old boys (which is what our class consists of). Last weekend, one kid kept asking what type of bullets and guns snipers use.
Kevin and I just looked at each other and thought:
Dude, we are in Hunter's Ed. NOT the military.
rifle
And then last Friday we learned a little about how to deal with hypothermia.
For some reason the instructor decides to use examples with girls and says:
"Now, if it's a girl that has hypothermia, you canNOT take off her clothes.
And especially don't have sex.
You shouldn't even be thinking about that actually."
And then he looks back at Kevin and I and says:
"But you two are married. You do your thing."

Really? REALLY?! Wow, what a special class we have.

Somehow I will survive the next couple weeks,
and I will have something to show for it.
And as much as I complain about it now,
deep down I'm excited to go hunting with Kevin this fall.

(...now I just need to find me a cute camo getup...)

 photo photo_zpsd37d954c.jpg

*want to hear how our final test went? go here: Totally Legit

9 comments

  1. I just died that's the funniest thing I've ever read ever. I'm laughing so hard. I totally should have taken it with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um YES you should have! BOTH of you....you would LOVE sitting in there with me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, that is funny. I love it. Thanks for sharing, and I think its sweet that you are take it AUdrey, you won't regret it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Audrey, this was a great post! I laughed and thought it was pretty funny. I love how you explain each thing, and it's awesome that you guys are even taking this class. Good luck the next couple of weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. haha, I remember taking hunters ed in jr. high...maybe its just hick idaho that makes you take it in school..

    ReplyDelete
  6. So funny!! I laughed a lot. I need to call you guys. I've got stuff to talk about.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is the best post. You are awesome and if this isn't a marriage strengthener, I don't know what is. Love your descriptions (I can smell the BO now). You are funny. Happy Days,
    Colette Moss

    ReplyDelete