*more on this here: Hunter's Ed: 101
It gives me great pleasure to announce that on Friday, BOTH Kevin and I passed the written test for Hunter's Ed with flying colors.
BOOYA.
Pretty sure though, that we could have aced it our first day in the class...just sayin'.
Here's an example question:
So that was Friday night, and then bright and early Saturday we had to go BACK for the shooting test.
This is how happy we were:
It gives me great pleasure to announce that on Friday, BOTH Kevin and I passed the written test for Hunter's Ed with flying colors.
BOOYA.
Pretty sure though, that we could have aced it our first day in the class...just sayin'.
Here's an example question:
And here's how my thought process went:
"Well, if I was 'specially ticked at my friend on the right, I might choose 'a',
same goes for 'b'.
And if I wanted to blow my foot off, then I might choose 'c'.
Hmmm...yep, definitely going to have to go with 'd'.
So that was Friday night, and then bright and early Saturday we had to go BACK for the shooting test.
This is how happy we were:
Um, Kevin says I have to tell how it went....
cuz he thinks it was pretty amuzing.: : sigh : :
Okay.
So we arrive on time and wait to have our instructor (we will call him BOB) tell us where to go.
We have to wait a bit before all the latecomers straggle in, and when they do,
BOB splits the class in half and lets THE SIDE WITH ALL THE LATECOMERS go FIRST!
I am livid.
Kevin thinks it's because BOB favors one of the mom's.
He only flirted with her every class.
So we wait.
Thankgoodness the shooting test is quick.
Maybes like 20 min. max.
We finally go downstairs to the enclosed shooting range.
One wall is covered completely in some type of super thick padding and cardboard.
Then there are numbers (1-15) hung on top of the cardboard to indicate each station.
Below each number there are two papers hung -one above the other.
On each horizontal paper are two targets.
It looks something like this:
I explain how I'm lining up my target...
and find out I was all wrong.
They show me the right way and then we shoot in position three and four.
Guess what?
I shot ONLY the BULLSEYE both times.
And then I didn't feel so stupid.
I actually felt like I had kind of "redeemed" myself.
Kevin just gave me a questioning look, laughs, and asks:
"What the heck, babe?"
We got even happier when we recieved our stylin' ORANGE HATS.
We were kind of excited to show them off.
We have to wait a bit before all the latecomers straggle in, and when they do,
BOB splits the class in half and lets THE SIDE WITH ALL THE LATECOMERS go FIRST!
I am livid.
Kevin thinks it's because BOB favors one of the mom's.
He only flirted with her every class.
So we wait.
Thankgoodness the shooting test is quick.
Maybes like 20 min. max.
We finally go downstairs to the enclosed shooting range.
One wall is covered completely in some type of super thick padding and cardboard.
Then there are numbers (1-15) hung on top of the cardboard to indicate each station.
Below each number there are two papers hung -one above the other.
On each horizontal paper are two targets.
It looks something like this:
We are shooting in four positions.
1. Standing 2. Kneeling 3. Sitting and 4. Prone (laying down)
Thus the four targets.
As we all line up accross from each number, BOB explains position one.
We put on ear and eye protection.
We shoot.
Then we go look how well we did.
None of my bullets even touch the white paper.
GREAT.
BOB asks what the heck I was aiming at,
and then we all go back to try position two.
This time I double check that I'm on target, shoot my six rounds, and go check it out.
Untouched white paper. Again.
Well, this is just super.
BOB gives me a look like "Wow, maybe there really isn't hope for this girl."I explain how I'm lining up my target...
and find out I was all wrong.
They show me the right way and then we shoot in position three and four.
Guess what?
I shot ONLY the BULLSEYE both times.
And then I didn't feel so stupid.
I actually felt like I had kind of "redeemed" myself.
Kevin just gave me a questioning look, laughs, and asks:
"What the heck, babe?"
We got even happier when we recieved our stylin' ORANGE HATS.
We were kind of excited to show them off.
| Later that night we celebrated at Texas Roadhouse with Charles, Nancy, and Brenden. |
Let me tell you something.
All the cars started in the center ring in a circle.
Then the announcer would count down...3...2...1!
And all heck would break loose.
A dang fun night.


HA! This is hilarious. I'm quite impressed about your shooting test. Pretty sure I would have laughed and walked out as soon as they said lay down and shoot. Right, like that's possible. You go girl!
ReplyDeleteps.. I'm sorry about the temple to temple. I feel like such an idot for not thinking to put you on our team!! We only would have kicked WAY more trash if you were with us!