As you might know, I have been reading the Hunger Games books.
Well, I finished the third one laying in bed Sunday morning and OH MY.
I am in LOVE.
And now dang sad that I'm done reading them.
I wrote up a quick summary here, and now I want to share my thoughts without trying to spoil anything.
But just in case you haven't read these book,
DON'T READ DOWN FROM THIS POINT.
Oh baby, am I in loooove with Peeta.
Basically from the moment he was chosen as Katniss's fellow tribute, I was struck.
Lauren (you know, from BusyBeeLauren) put up a perfect pic of who she invisions Peeta as.
And I agree.
Again: I ♥ him.
He is SMOKIN'.
Katniss is, in a word, real.
I feel like every girl can relate to her because she goes through a lot of emotions.
Carefree. Protective. Terror. Love. Hate. Anguish. Pain. Confusion. Relief.
and then some.
BUT.
There were certain parts of the book (coughTHREEcough) that I wanted to SCREAM and SHAKE some sense into her.
I feel for Gale who likes Kat, but is shoved to the side because of the Games.
Only a little bit though, because he more just bugs me.
Too focused on the war.
STOP confusing Katniss Gale!!
Prim is a sweetheart.
I like Beetee and how brainy he is.
Finnick is awesome because he has true love with Annie, and turns out to be NOT a cocky sun-of-a-gun.
And I can't forget Cinna.
Totally Kat's inside friend.
I wish he could design my clothes.
I think of Voldemort when I read about President Snow.
Blood. Roses. Evil.
I think all the people in the Capitol are sheltered weirdos who are very "follow the crowd" type.
I'm proud of the few that can see past all the wrong and fight for the rebellion.
Good for you!
I only wish good people wouldn't die.
::tear::
Basically, I loved these books.
They were all freaking amazing in different ways, but here's my overall rating on a scale of 1-10.
10 being LOVED, exceeded expectations, and want to re-read.
1. The Hunger Games - 8.5
2. Catching Fire - 10
3. Mockingjay - 6.5
Even though book 3 was my least favorite, I DID like the ending. I just wish a little more had been added, because it felt slightly rushed. Almost like the author got tired of writing and wanted to wrap it up quick.
Oh well, not much I can do but let my imagination fill in the gaps.
Now, if you have read all of this and HAVEN'T read the books,
shame on you.
GO READ THEM!


i skipped all the text of this post, because I'm working on the hunger games right now, so i will come back and read it when i'm done :) I wish we lived closer too!! we would have so much fun because we like to do all the same things! maybe you should move to boise in may with sam and I! :)
ReplyDeleteFreak Yea. PARTAY!
ReplyDelete