Enter your keyword

Blizzard Warning

November 23, 2010

Oh the weather outside is frightful!


The past two days have looked like this.


Here is a drift outside our front door.

As soon as I got to work this morning my boss had the local weather channel up, and this is what it said:
..........

"BLIZZARD WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 11PM MST THIS EVENING."

"WINDS/VISIBILITY...SUSTAINED WINDS AT 20 TO 35 MPH WITH GUSTS TO 50 MPH WILL DEVELOP TODAY AND CONTINUE INTO THE EARLY EVENING. AREAS OF ZERO VISIBILITIES ARE EXPECTED TODAY DUE TO SNOW AND BLOWING SNOW."
..........
The local schools have had two snow days in a row.
TWO!
Why don't they ever make "work" snow days?
Oh yea, they do.
Just not for my work.
All the banks closed down.
And Downeast.
And Maurices.
Man, even the D.I. across the street was closed.
Seriously?
Of course today was the day I needed to get to I.F.
Go figure.

Okay, not trying to sound like a GRINCH.
It's just, here are my reasons for not liking the weather:

1. snowy + windy + icy = SCARY ROADS
2. and scary roads = TWICE as long to get anywhere
(and this is a small town. haha. k. I'm spoiled)

That's it.
I'm totally cool with the snow if it just wouldn't stick to the roads.
Then I wouldn't have to drive 20 MPH everywhere and 5 MPH around those cursed corners!

And then there's Kevin.
As we are driving home from his parent's on Sunday (when the blizzard started):
him - "I wish they'd start plowing out here."
(p.s. we're on a country road)
me - "No, they need to plow in town, where everyone drives!"
him - "Oh, I don't care about that. In town is where I like to have fun!"
me - "That's dumb. That's where everyone is. You'd freak me out if I saw you doing crazy things in your car. I'd say you were a show-off. And retarded!"
him - "Yea, but I love it!"

Word to the wise:
be wary if you see a dude with a red beard driving a big black truck down main street.

Yea, Kevin has sandy brown hair, but somehow manages to only grow wicked red facial hair.
(It's not that awesome.)

1 comment

  1. not looking forward to the drive back to iceburg!
    happy thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete