Enter your keyword

Just Do It.

November 10, 2010

Today was one of those days.
This morning I was all pumped to get to the gym after work,
and then 3 o'clock hit.
The hour before I get off.
As it went on I seemed to slow down and suddenly there was this voice in my head telling me:
"You need a nap. Just make today your 'break' day. Relax."
~Now before you think I'm a freak, let me tell you if you don't already know:
I try really hard to workout 5 days a week.
Sunday is always a rest day, but then I give myself another day of my choice to take a break.
Usually I use Friday for that day.~
So when these thoughts started going through my head I knew I was in trouble.
Well 4 o'clock hit.
And I was still battling it out in my head while driving home:
"Just go. No. A nap sounds better. But I know I won't want to workout on Friday if I don't workout now. It's so cold. Stay inside with the heater. I know I'll feel better if I just go."

Ha.


I got home, put on some sweats, checked my email, blog updates, facebook...yadayada.
I may have snuck some of these delicious cookies.
And then I turned on the Little Mermaid and zonked out.


But my guilty conscience woke me up at 5:45.


So I pulled myself from my warm blanket and got  to the gym by 6.
THANKGOODNESS.
Because I really didn't want to workout on Friday!
Plus Kevin worked till 8 so all the better.

Moral of the story:
Just DO it.
You will be happy you did, especially when you can compromise, and get a nap in!

Post a Comment