Enter your keyword

A Visit and A Craft

November 13, 2010

Guess who came and visited us yesterday?


My Grandma and Grandpa Huber!

My grandma called me Friday, a little after I got off work, and said they were in town.
What's even better is that they were staying at a hotel right around the corner from us!
So they swung in before going off to do some sight-seeing of the temple.
{Thanks for stopping by you two-we loved the visit!}

..........

I have been itching to do some sort of project lately,
and so today while Kevin was out hunting this morning, I got a brilliant idea.
Well, that's partly a lie.
I know I found the idea on some blog, the problem is I don't remember which one!
But when I remember/re-find it, I will make a link to it for this post.

I call it the headband helper.

 You will need:
  • oats container
  •  fabric
  • modge-podge/glue gun
  • sizzors


See how they are all thrown into a shower tote in the corner there?
Yea, messy and ugg.


I remembered that we had just bought some oats.
So I went and got the container out....


...and emptied it.
{I'm craving granola now}


Then I just grabbed some scrap fabric,
cut it to fit the container,
modge-podged it on,
and hot glued the bottom for a more durable finish.

I added a little touch to the top, and woolah!
I've got myself a much better plus cuter way to display my headbands.
A bonus = the lid comes off, and for now I am putting my loose hair feathers/flowers in it.

4 comments

  1. I am making one too! I already have all the materials im just trying to find time. Thats so funny. Did use fabric or scrapbook paper on the main black and white. I was trying to decide what to use.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabric, scrapbook paper would be cute, but I think it would tear easier...not sure tho.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My friend made one of these! Their so cute. I don't have really any headbands though. Some day! :>

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay that is such a cute idea!! I love it!! I'm going to have to make one myself!

    ReplyDelete