Enter your keyword

Mind Your Own Beeswax!

February 26, 2011

I love talking to people.
I love listening to people.
I love being social.
I love being "out in public".
Especially with Kevin.
Call me vain, but I love it.
{Hmm. That probably plays a big factor into why I enjoy shopping so much.}
Lots of people.
I think it's fun.
I'm a weirdo, I guess.
{But not too much fun, because Kevin could tell you about all the nights I don't want to do anything but sit at home on my duff, doing noth.}

ANYWAYS..
let me get to my point/story.

Photobucket

I love reading.
As of late {ha, who says that?}
I have been engrossed in John Grisham novels.
They're fiction,
and packed with legal stuff that lawyers do,
thrilling plots,
and heart pounding action throughout.
SUCH fun reads.
I can't put them down.
Well,
since a lot of them tie into the law, IRS, FBI, or Mafia,
I've become quite more aware of all my rights as a U.S. citizen,
and learned more about our legal system.
{I really find it fascinating - I must get it from my parents}

With those two things in mind:
I was at work the other day and a customer comes up to me and starts making small talk.
Which should be no big deal,
because I love talking to people.
But I suddenly went on the defense and when he asked me:
"What's your husbands name?"
I blurted out:
"I don't think I really need to tell you that."
Uh, yea.
What freak says that?
It's Rexburg for peets sake.
I think I thought he might have been an undercover cop or something.
The guy took the hint though.
He hurried, paid, and left.
Then I started feeling bad about being so rude.
I'm never rude at work.
I'm paid to be nice.
Besides that, I like being nice!

I guess you could say these books are getting to my head.
I definitely made myself look foolish.
Gaa.
That was sooo dumb Audrey.

3 comments

  1. haha! That's funny but embarrassing! I really like John Grisham too! The Client is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is really weird of that guy but I guess we ask for things like that at our job but at the same time it is none of their business. You know how we wear those craftsman things on our aprons well I took mine off because I had so many guys say oh your a craftsman huh? ha-ha Shouldn't it say craftswoman dumbest people I think in this town. I have been getting a lot of that weird crap at work lately.

    ReplyDelete
  3. haa! love that! too funny.... and too many Grisham thrillers?

    ReplyDelete