So the other night we're driving home from Kevin's parent's.
{Yea, we go out there a lot lately cuz of all the family in town this month}
And as we're cruisin' along the radar-detector goes off.
Best investment ever.
So Kevin slows a little to get down to the speed limit,
and a few seconds later we see the dirty copper in the oncoming traffic lane.
We think nothing of it until Kevin notices it slowly do a Uturn and start following us.
Great.
And it's right about then that Kevin says:
"Crap! I haven't renewed our registration!"
"Crap! I haven't renewed our registration!"
Even better.
The last thing we want is a ticket.
So the next turn off we see Kevin takes.
As soon as we're out of sight of the cop,
Kevin floors it until the last possible second,
and then eases off the gas right when the cop turns the corner onto the street.
Kevin does this exact technique 3 more times.
And then a light bulb clicks on in his head.
And he starts laughing.
"What's so hilarious?"
"Oh, I just realized it's Charles's registration that's expired. Not ours!"
"Cool babe, you are sooo cool."
"But I did forget to replace our insurance cards. The new ones are at home, and the expired ones are in the glove box."
Sweet.
So we just randomly drove in a very indirect route to our house,
afraid that a cop will see our expired registration sticker,
which really isn't expired.
Yea,
we are that cool.
Anything to shake up the norm.
That's awesome Audrey by the way I got our new blog but I'm having trouble fixing everthing. PLEASE HELP ME!!! I"M BEGGING YOU!!
ReplyDeletehaha! That made me laugh out loud! That's awesome! We've done that a few times. Oh, and I think we have all our cars registered now...maybe not the civic...
ReplyDeletehaha this is so funny because my registration is expired so i do the same exact thing. anytime i see a cop i turn on to some random street! why are they so scary? gosh. my dad was even a cop and i still hate them!
ReplyDelete