Enter your keyword

What in the....?!

February 8, 2011

The other night...


...Kevin and I are peacefully drifting off to sleep in our cozy bed,
when all of a sudden there is this horrible grinding noise right outside our window.
It sounded like a garbage truck lost control of the steering wheel and started plowing through all the snow drifts on our front lawn.
We both probably jumped two feet under our covers and looked at each other with stares of
"What in the freak is going on?!"
But we were too lazy to crawl out from under our warm covers,
so we just went back to sleep.
I had forgotten all about it by morning.

Well,
there was no car that plowed through our lawn turns out.
When I came back home on my lunch break I saw this little present outside our front door.
And by "little" I mean HUGE ICICLE.
So that's what that noise was last night.
Ahhh.
They {icicles} are all over our town home and I guess this one decided it didn't want to hang out anymore.
So it broke off,
crashed onto our front door overhang,
and then hit the snow pile in our front yard.
Thus scaring us at 1 in the morning.
Cool.
Glad we figured that one out.

3 comments

  1. THAT IS THE HUGEST ICICLE I'VE EVER SEEN!!! I'm glad it didn't come crashing through your window and spear your mattress or anything, haha! You're such a good story teller!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHAHA i LOVE that you blogged about this! it scared the crap out of me too!!! when i saw it the next morning my first thought was "oh i hope Tank's not under there..."

    ReplyDelete