I got a visit from this face Tuesday night:
(sorry crappy iphone night pic)
It's been about FOUR years since I really got to sit down with her (phone convos and texts sometimes just don't cut it),
and to say we got "caught-up to speed" is an understatement.
Lot's of story-telling,
crying,
and laughing.
Who knew that life could throw such curve-balls?
Or that both of us would be where we are today?
I can tell you that neither of us would have guessed a year ago,
that this is where we'd be today.
Not in a million years.
And I'm so happy to say that we're both in a better place than before.
Ever since Mrs. Phipps fourth grade class,
I have looked up to Chantel.
She's always been so funny and kind and creative.
Let me reminisce for a moment:
•I always thought she rocked those green stretchy leggings.
•Making "furniture" from grass clipings and "stew" in the trees
•Making "furniture" from grass clipings and "stew" in the trees
•Dancing to Brittany Spears in her driveway was the best (haha-wow, we thought we were the shiz).
•Making up a drawing "club"
•Building multiple forts in her garage and camper
•Singing "Hagdalena-Magdalena" at the top of our lungs, water tubing at mutual
•Girls Camp-bears, yurts, hikes, snipe hunting, the first years
•Going to the stake dances with her and running around like a silly little girl
•Trying to help get that "certain" boy to notice us...and making up "emergency escapes" to get out of dancing with the ones we didn't like..haha
•Night games were always the best when she was there.
Making friends has always been a huge talent of hers.
I swear she has like 20million best friends :)
And seriously,
is there anything she doesn't do?
She was Valedictorian at our high school (Meridian),
graduated from BYU,
and already has her masters.
(oh yeah, and she's getting something else come March-i can't remember. ha. that's how smart i am!)
Um, hello gorgeous-driven-career-woman right there!
Wow, THANK YOU Audrey! You are so incredible, and I was so happy to see you this week. You are definitely one of my favorite people in the world, and I had so much fun reminiscing through all our memories! I loved the grass forts we made and all our drawings and worlds we created. It's so cool that we have been friends for so long, and we've seen our lives evolve. I LOVE YOU!!!! I'm sad that you're moving!
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDelete