Enter your keyword

Ahem...We Have a Kindof Big Announcement to Make...

January 15, 2012

Oh baby!

Photobucket
{pic taken today Jan. 15, 2012}
This is the real deal peeps.
I can't even believe I'm writing about this right now.
I feel giddy and happy and worried and excited and nervous and elated all rolled into one.

NOTE:
I'm writing this today,
Thursday December 1st, 2011
When you all read this it will probs be January or maybe February....
We'll see how long I can keep this a secret.
Eh,
that'll be hard.
Maybe too hard!
I'm friggin excited and just want to shout it to the world.

.............

So here's how it went down {aka how i found out}:

Last night {Wednesday, November 30th} Kevin picks me up from work,
we come home,
I start making spaghetti.
During the making of this spaghetti I start feeling like I'm gonna throw up.
Sick.
I have to crunch down in the kitchen for a sec,
and then go back to cooking.
As soon as it's ready we throw in a movie:
Conan: the Barbarian
{edited people. no worries}
ps - it's gory.

As I'm sitting there eating my food,
I realize I'm not even hungry really,
which is weird because I'm usually starving by the time I get home from work-
Due to the fact that I don't take enough snacks to munch on throughout the day.
Anyways,
I'm trying to eat this spaghetti and I keep saying to Kevin:

"Ugh. I'm not even hungry! And I feel like I'm gonna throw up! BUT I don't wanna stop eating, cuz then I bet I'll feel more sick!"

Kevin:

"Shhhhhhh! Watch the movie babe."

alrighty.
That's when I go back into the kitchen to dump my plate.
As I pass by the calendar I think:

Sheesh. I wonder when my period will start. Should be like any day now...

I look at the calendar and start counting.
It's been 31 days since my last period.
I am always 25.
I flip all the way from June and count the days in-between each cycle.
25 exactly.
Whaaa?
I'm 6 days late.....
I started getting excited.
Maybe.......No.
I didn't want to get too excited.
I go back in and we finish watching the movie.
{Kevin still has no clue at this point}

Thursday.
I wake up and feel fine.
I get ready to go donate {plasma} but get the sudden thought that I shouldn't.
Hmmmm.
Go buy yourself some pregnancy tests.
Oh my gosh, really?!
Am I seriously having these thoughts?!
Good thing I did too because after I got ready,
I was feeling nauseous.
I drove to the dollar store thinking:
I am gonna throw up on the side of the road.
But I made it.
I felt like a weirdo putting those two boxes up on the counter.
Definitely a new experience for me.

Photobucket

I got home and tried to calm myself down.
No big deal.
Just take the test,
find out it's negative,
and go donate.....

....well it wasn't negative....

Photobucket

....and I double-checked just to be sure!

Photobucket

One line = negative.
Two lines = positive.
Good grief!
It's positive!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Somehow deep down I knew it would be.
My body was telling me it was.
Right before I did the test I decided to record it for Kevin,
just for fun.
Here's the vid if you wanna watch my reaction:


As you can see my next thought was:
How in the heck do I tell Kevin!?

I looked online {google/pinterest} but didn't have one idea exactly stick out to me.
I remembered the idea my neighbor Kate told her hubby,
and I thought it was pretty clever.
I went and got a printout of the above pic {the one with two positives},
and wrote on the back:

Dear Kevin,
I'm pregnant!
Love,
Audrey

Photobucket

I also included this little note I printed off,
and put those in an envelope.
Photobucket

Then I wrapped the two tests themselves in the box like a Christmas gift.
I taped the letter to the box,
and put it in our mailbox.

On the way home from work I had Kevin grab the mail.
I was dying inside!
I had to turn my back to him and pretend I was busily making his lunch,
so he wouldn't see my face.
He went upstairs to change and I thought he was taking FOREVER,
but he finally came down and started opening stuff.
Of course he grabbed this one first.
I heard him open the envelope and I turned around.
I watched as he pulled out the note,
and then the picture.
And then he turned to me with this big grin on his face and said:

"Are you you serious!?"

YES!
Then I tell him to open the present.

"Ugg. I don't want to touch anything you peed on...."

I convinced him that those weren't the kind I got,
and he finally got to look for himself.

..................................

Okay,
so now I am posting alllllll the posts I secretly wrote and didn't publish till today.
But I'm not going to publish them all for today.
That'd be dumb for when it's put into a book.
Instead I'm publishing them on the day they were written.
I know that's a lot of back-scrolling,
so to make it nice and easy for you interested peeps,
 here are all those links:
{haha, your very welcome}


Week 5
For the Record: On Pregnancy
Week 6
Week 7
Week 8
Week 9
Week 10 {+ our first dr visit and ultrasound!}
Week 11

and if you are wondering how i made the chalkboard,
go here:

A Chalk Board

16 comments

  1. Hoooray. Looking great by the way. So on your 10 week post or whichever you had the ultrasound on when I saw your first pic I definitely thought wow her chest looks bigger! Way to go! : ) Haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. That what I thought too! :) but did't want to say anything. I'm loving it...and so is kevin! bahahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness! We're so thrilled for you guys!! Loved the whole story AND the video (and the dumping of the pee). You guys will rock at parenthood.

    ReplyDelete
  4. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! So happy for you Audrey! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats congrats congrats! I'm so happy for you guys! What an adventure you are going to have! I hope you keep feeling ok, good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOO HOO!!! I knew you were at least trying by all the baby stuff you've been posting on pinterest. I've been waiting for this post!!!

    And I went back to your 10 week ultrasound, your lil' tike is the cutest thing ever already and you're going to be the best mommy! Congrats Audrey!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Audrey, its OK to gain weight when you're pregnant! haha! 30-40 lbs is normal and healthy. don't worry so much :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. CONGRATULATIONS!! Oh man, I'm so excited for you guys! Hooray, hooray!

    ReplyDelete
  9. hahah that is so funny, my favorite.."okkay, thats enough" at the very end. hahaha. well congrats! I saw the baby stuff you were posting on pinterest! But, then again, we all do that, but i was still wondering! You are going to be the cutest little pregnant woman! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  10. YAY, SO EXCITED FOR YOU GUYS!!! Can't wait to see pictures of the little one, you guys are going to be super rockin' parents!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. CONGRATULATIONS!!! OMG!!! I am SO happy for you!! I think I smiled and raised my eyebrows the whole time I watched your video! YAY!!! Your going to LOVE it!! Oh I am seriously so happy for you.... reading your story makes me want to write mine out lol... I haven't yet so I think I will. Thanks for the idea I am stealing from you LOL! Oh my gosh! I am so excited for you... I felt sick just like you did while I was eating dinner... I was starving and like three bites into the nachos I made I couldn't decide if I wanted to throw up or pass out... I definitely thought it was weird cause I had been starving all day... Wow I am so Happy for you :) Ok Ok ok... I will stop my comment here, but holy crap that's such an exciting thing to experience! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. YaY! Congratulations! I was hoping all those baby pins on Pinterest meant something:) You are so cute. Love the video. Can't wait to see you with a cute baby bump. I'm so excited for you. I loved being pregnant and then when the baby comes it's even better than you hope it will be!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations! I am happy for you and like the posts.

    Cousin Colette

    ReplyDelete
  14. You are so cute, I love that you took a video of when you found out! Such a great idea! I love how you told him too! Congrats!!!! Enjoy every minute!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh yeah! This is so exciting! COngrats! And hopefully your feeling better...I totally sympathize with all the weirdness pregnancy brings...nasty smells and weird food aversions can be killer!! Super CUTE!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yay audrey! So exciting! You will love being a mommy!

    ReplyDelete