Enter your keyword

Week 12: Pregnancy

January 20, 2012

Baby is the size of a large plum!

Photobucket
What's going on in there:
Baby's reflexes are kicking in,
it's body is a little over 2 inches long,
and baby's intestines are moving into it's abdominal cavity.

My Stats:
weight: 120 {eee! first semester gain = 5lbs}
waist: 29"

Another good week.
A few random mornings I get feeling real yucky,
but there was only one time when I felt nauseous enough that I really thought I was gonna pass out at work,
so I laid down for a sec.
In the little closet amongst all the folders.
Then I got advice to go buy a caffinated drink and food - cuz the caffeine supposedly helps with headaches {which i had} and the food boosts my sugar levels.
Anyways,
so I went to Broulims and bought these:

Photobucket

The two things that sounded the most appealing at the time.
A Mt. Dew and pop tarts.
So healthy....HA!
Let me just say {for the record} that i have never dranken{?} caffeine until I married Kevin.
He loves the stuff.
I don't think it's bad or anything to drink - but still I would only drink it if he had some out,
or had bought and put some in our fridge.
I have to say that I felt kinda weird grabbing that Dew out of the little fridge by the check stand for my first time.
Ahhh.
The things we do to stay sane {and get rid of massive headaches}.

And here I am, once again:

Oh yes,
and I started REALLY working out this week again.
Photobucket

And i've got to say....when I run,
I have to pee every ten minutes it seems!

5 comments

  1. Congrats Audrey! Having a baby is the BEST THING EVER!!!! Harper seriously gets cuter and more fun every. single. day. You will LOVE being a mommy.

    As for the headaches, I had those really bad too. My saving grace was Cherry Coke (caffeine), Extra Strength Tylenol, and MASSAGES!!! I would have gotten a massage once a week if I could have. Check Groupon for good deals in your area and spend the money to take care of yourself. If you're like me, it's hard to function with headaches (on top of everything else you deal with while being pregnant :) ) So getting rid of those is so key.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Note: seriously weird, but ginger snap cookies help with the nausea... I thought I was going to barf when I ate one, but it seriously helped... just a little tid bit I thought I'd pass along. :) Yay for your little plum!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh so happy for you! You look amazing, of course. Babies are the best! And pop tarts always sounded good to be when I was pregnant. You will love being pregnant. Or at least I did, both times! Just so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. CUTTTE! I got hooked on eggo's during my first tri, because no matter what time I ate dinner at 10 or 11pm I'd get hungry and that's what I wanted. Def. not healthy haha. live it up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i see a wee bump! old fashioned lemon drops and the starlight mints helped me with the nausea. also make sure your prenatals have lots of B6 in them...it helps with nausea too. lookin good!

    ReplyDelete