Enter your keyword

Our Mother's Knew It

May 13, 2012

"Now they never had fought, yet they did not fear death; and they did think more upon the liberty of their fathers than they did upon their lives; yea, they had been taught by their mothers, that if they did not doubt God would deliver them.
And they rehearsed unto me the words of their mothers saying:
We do not doubt our mothers knew it."
-Alma 56:47-48

I love this story of Helaman's 2000 strippling warriors,
and it means even more to me now that I am getting ready to have my own son.
I hope that I can instill in his heart a love for the gospel and others,
to fear God and not man,
to love primary,
to respect his elders,
to have fun,
to choose the right...and so much more!
Whew.
It's kind of overwhelming to think about all the responsibility that a new little person brings.
Totally worth it,
but overwhelming.

I'm so thankful today for these ladies and for everything they've taught me.

Photobucket

My one and only momma!
She taught me so well,
and I hope I can be at least half the mom she was someday.


My Grandma Huber and Grandma Simmons!
Both so sweet and fun and full of love - these two are the best grandmas ever!!

Photobucket

And I can not forget to mention how thankful I am for my awesome mother-in-law.
She raised the best man in the world in my eyes!

Happy Mother's Day!

Post a Comment